Discussion Board

Trouble building using Carbide and command line

I did a fresh install of Carbide, S60SDK, MinGW and ActivePERL

1. Inside Carbide I created a project called 'HelloWorld' by going to menu File -> New -> -> Symbian OS C++ Project -> Basic Console Application.
    2. Right clicking on project then selecting "Build All Configurations"

I get the following error in Carbide

Creation Time Description Resource Path Location Type
    1234911255525 bldmake returned with exit value = 2 HelloWorld Unknown Carbide.c++ Build Problem

So I try to use the command line, put the bldmake.bat in my Path environment variable, navigate to this project location

C:\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group

Issue the following command 'bldmake bldfiles'

I get the following error

C:\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\HelloWorld\group>bldmake bldfiles
    Can't locate E32env.pm in @INC (@INC contains: \cygdrive\c\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_6\Epoc32\tools\ /usr/lib/perl5/5.10/i686-cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/5.10 /usr/lib/perl5/site_pe
    rl/5.10/i686-cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10/i686-cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/ven
    dor_perl/5.8 .) at /cygdrive/c/Symbian/9.2/S60_3rd_FP1_6/Epoc32/tools/bldmake.pl line 28.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /cygdrive/c/Symbian/9.2/S60_3rd_FP1_6/Epoc32/tools/bldmake.pl line 28.

I have tried going into the bldmake.pl file and the referenced e32env.pm file. I can tinker to get the bld process to get further along but ultimately it does not work properly.

bldmake.pl - if I comment out like 22 I get a problem wiht the EPOCROOT

if I set EPOCROOT to '\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_6\Epoc32\tools' I get a problem back in env32.pm

if I comment out line 31 of env32env.pm I get further but not a successful build process

Any ideas what could be wrong? I've repeated this process 6 times. Twice I got the build process to finish but there was no HelloWorld.exe created. Help!!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Trouble building using Carbide and command line

Why do you need MinGW? Also Perl 5.10 will cause you problems in certain cases, using Perl 5.6.1 as recommended by the SDK release notes would be a safer bet.

Then, have you configured the compiler for command line builds? (See Start -> Programs -> Carbide.c++ 2.0 -> Configure ...)

As for using Carbide.c++, please look for detailed error info in the Console view, the Problems view is a filtered out version of the output and does not provide all the available info. Especially when posting build output here it must be from the console and framed by [code][/ code] tags.

Finally, see yesterday's useful link in my signature, it will give you some more useful advices.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite