Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Why is my SIP profile locked?

I installed a Local Client Provision for VOIP (LCP) on my N79. The SIP profile is locked. I can not edit it and remove it. I can not use it. Why is the SIP profile locked? How to unlock it?

Re: Why is my SIP profile locked?

SIP profiles with current firmware in N85 and N79 will be always locked by default when using Client Provisioning mechanism. You can unlock them afterward by using sipmanagedprofile.h from S60 3rd FP2 SDK.

managedProfile->SetParameter( KSIPProfileLocked, EFalse );

You can delete the VoIP service and the SIP profile it's using from Internet Communications application under Connectivity folder.

According LCP:s manual there is "APPLICATION/LOCK" parameter for SIP settings.
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/document/...7-B89D8974AB15

Unfortunately it doesn't have any effect with current firmwares according to my knowledge. Have you tried it?

i just bought an e71x that is locked to att&t sip profile. i don't live in the USA and asked to have phone unlocked. i can use it for everything except my local internet provider because can't swtich the proxy settings. any tips on how to unlock or delete att&t sip profile? help

Some have had success 'removing' AT&T apps with the procedure found here: http://nokiaexperts.com/nokia-e71x-t...mo-games-apps/

It may be possible to perform a similar process process using the app, X-Plore found here: http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=xplore

If you have were able to install the NOKIA SIP Client on the E71X please publish the details of the install procedure.