×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34

    Camera and text caption

    Hello, Here is a good article
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...o_take_a_photo
    for photo getting, but i have some trouble. I need to take maximal-size photo with the text. I want to capture the page with text, but i can't find, where i can choose need mode. Please, help.
    P.S. Nokia N82 (5mp)

  2. #2
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Posts
    744

    Re: Camera and text caption

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockonal View Post
    Hello, Here is a good article
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...o_take_a_photo
    for photo getting, but i have some trouble. I need to take maximal-size photo with the text. I want to capture the page with text, but i can't find, where i can choose need mode. Please, help.
    P.S. Nokia N82 (5mp)
    If I understood correctly, you are trying to take a photo of something that has text and with that example you can't see it brightly. I guess you should use pycamera extension, which allows to use extended functions from the camera, so you can ajust it acording to your needs.


    Hope I got the question!



    BR,

    Rafael.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34

    Re: Camera and text caption

    Thanks, man! I'll try that.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34

    Re: Camera and text caption

    Sorry, i know, that i've to go to create new thread, but i'll ask u here, ok?
    I've already used http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...o_use_pycamera
    this code, but hadn't any success =(
    I have an error here (line 45)
    > cam.PrepareForCapture()
    SymbianError: [Errno -5]
    KErrNotSupported

  5. #5
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Posts
    744

    Re: Camera and text caption

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockonal View Post
    Sorry, i know, that i've to go to create new thread, but i'll ask u here, ok?
    I've already used http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...o_use_pycamera
    this code, but hadn't any success =(
    I have an error here (line 45)
    > cam.PrepareForCapture()
    SymbianError: [Errno -5]
    KErrNotSupported
    Have you installed the extension properly? I think you have to sign it in order to work
    Last edited by Rafael T.; 2009-02-25 at 23:39.

  6. #6
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,795

    Re: Camera and text caption

    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael T. View Post
    Have you installed the extension properly? I think you have to sign it in order to work
    It would have thrown, SymbianError: Errno -46 KErrPermissionDenied if it was a signing or a capability problem.

    KErrNotSupported occurs when a function is not supported in a given context: for instance, because the device involved does not by its nature support a function or, in rare cases, because an API has been designed but not yet written.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

  7. #7
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Posts
    744

    Re: Camera and text caption

    Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    It would have thrown, SymbianError: Errno -46 KErrPermissionDenied if it was a signing or a capability problem.

    KErrNotSupported occurs when a function is not supported in a given context: for instance, because the device involved does not by its nature support a function or, in rare cases, because an API has been designed but not yet written.
    Yes, I suspected about it, but as he said he is using an N82, the function should be supported

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34

    Re: Camera and text caption

    Oops, I do it for N82 but the tests were on N81.
    Sorry, men. As i understand, it must works for N82?

  9. #9
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Posts
    744

    Re: Camera and text caption

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockonal View Post
    Oops, I do it for N82 but the tests were on N81.
    Sorry, men. As i understand, it must works for N82?
    I really think so

    But you need to test it in order to confirm

Similar Threads

  1. A new Text node in M3G
    By ijamardo in forum Mobile Java Media (Graphics & Sounds)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2010-03-02, 11:49
  2. Camera activation using keypad
    By akshaychaudhari in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2009-02-11, 05:20
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-02-28, 22:03
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2003-06-20, 20:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×