Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

[moved] MIF file problem under 5th Edition

Hi, I use mifconv to convert my SVG files to MIF with S60 5th Edition SDK, exactly the same way I did under 3rd Edition. The mifconv log messages seem to be absolutely ok (not I've more icons in the MIF but I stripped them off from the log for easy reading):
    Code:
    MifConv version 1.11 build (50, SVG stand-alone).
    Checking: ..\gui\gfx\AppIcon.svg
    Choosing...
    Used from: \S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v0.9\epoc32\tools\SVGTBINENCODE.exe.
    Convert files...
    Loading mif icons...
    Loading file: \S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v0.9\epoc32\BUILD\s60\icons\temp\suc.tmp\.._gui_gfx_AppIcon.svgb
    Writing mif: \S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v0.9\epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\HelloWorld.mif
    Writing mbg: \S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v0.9\epoc32\include\HelloWorld.mbg
    The mif and the mbg are created, the mbg seems also ok (have the 2 constants for each icon), but the mif file is only approximately 700 bytes in contrast to the mif file created under 3rd Edition that is 80+ kbytes. Of course no icons are displayed within my application (no shell icon, no icons in the built-in listboxes and no custom icon loading with AknIconUtils).

Did you face such problem? Did you find any solution?

Thanks,
    J.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: MIF file problem under 5th Edition

I never used the 5th edition mif converter, so maybe you could try using the 3rd edition mif file in your 5th edition project as well.

Regular Contributor

Re: MIF file problem under 5th Edition

I found the cause of the problem. In 3rd edition you had to use svgtbinencode.exe to convert from the textual svg files into binary ones. On 5th edition SDKs this tool is not present any more because mifconv.exe does itself the txt -> bin conversion. Furthermore, if you provide binary svg files for mifconv under 5th edition, it'll create apparently valid mif and mbg files but actually the mif will not contain the graphics. (In my case it created a <2kbyte mif instead of 100k+). ATTENTION: no error or warning message is provided by the tool! The solution is simple to use your original svg files as an input to mifconv.