×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    61

    Dual SIM (or how to know my phone number)

    Hi!

    I'm developing an application who runs on dual sim devices. The application only should be launched from one of them, so I have to detect which of the two SIMs are being used. Is there any way to know my phone number or any other data who identifies with which PIN I started the phone?

    Regards.
    Last edited by albgarse; 2009-02-26 at 16:23.

  2. #2
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Deva, Romania
    Posts
    3,471

    Re: Dual SIM (or how to know my phone number)

    Hi,

    I'm rather sure this isn't possible with Python. It might be possible to detect the PIN code in Symbian C++ but the API for it most likely isn't public, and I don't think it's possible to get your own phone number.

  3. #3
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: Dual SIM (or how to know my phone number)

    Quote Originally Posted by albgarse View Post
    Hi!

    I'm developing an application who runs on dual sim devices. The application only should be launched from one of them, so I have to detect which of the two SIMs are being used. Is there any way to know my phone number or any other data who identifies with which PIN I started the phone?

    Regards.
    hello albgarse

    ya bogdan is correct there is nothing yet in Python by which you can get the phone number. But what you can do is at the the start of the application you can ask the user its phone number and then continue ahead with that.

    Enjoy Pythoning
    Gaba88

  4. #4
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    61

    Re: Dual SIM (or how to know my phone number)

    Hi gaba88,

    The problem is that we must to be sure he is using a corporative line. If he type his personal number y the corporative line we can detect it.

    Quote Originally Posted by gaba88 View Post
    hello albgarse

    ya bogdan is correct there is nothing yet in Python by which you can get the phone number. But what you can do is at the the start of the application you can ask the user its phone number and then continue ahead with that.

    Enjoy Pythoning
    Gaba88

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    36

    Re: Dual SIM (or how to know my phone number)

    Are the 2 sims the same network?

  6. #6
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    61

    Re: Dual SIM (or how to know my phone number)

    yes, it could be.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikezs View Post
    Are the 2 sims the same network?

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,796

    Re: Dual SIM (or how to know my phone number)

    Quote Originally Posted by albgarse View Post
    Hi!

    I'm developing an application who runs on dual sim devices. The application only should be launched from one of them, so I have to detect which of the two SIMs are being used. Is there any way to know my phone number or any other data who identifies with which PIN I started the phone?

    Regards.
    IMSI is a parameter that lets you identify SIM, but not extractable in PyS60 using current modules.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

  8. #8
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    61

    Re: Dual SIM (or how to know my phone number)

    Thanks for the clue Croozeus. Very useful! :-)
    I have found this:
    http://chris.berger.cx/PyS60/PyS60

    The Extended GSM location module from Christophe is able to get the IMSI of the phone.

    Regards.


    Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    IMSI is a parameter that lets you identify SIM, but not extractable in PyS60 using current modules.

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone with a nokia 3330? Can anyone help me to copy phone memory to the sim?
    By pabmania in forum General Development Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-10-29, 22:34
  2. getting sim id or phone number in s60?
    By dukehoops in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2005-09-23, 07:07
  3. Reading 6600 SIM Phone number
    By ardudi in forum Bluetooth Technology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2004-06-23, 10:22
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2003-02-28, 15:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×