Discussion Board

TRK problem: no connection to device

Hello,

I've a problem with on device debugging: for some days I can't connect to my device. Service testing in Carbide now says "Error: TRK version response was corrupted". It has worked for months, but now it won't.

When I start debugging, I get a message box "Target request failed: TRKProtocolPlugin : Can't connect to TRK". TRK is running for sure on the phone and the COM port is the same as in Windows device manager. Connecting the phone to another USB port and changing the connection settings accordingly doesn't change things. I've tried even assigning another port number in device manager without help.

What I've done already:
    - removed Windows Mobile device center
    - removed all phone entries in device manager
    - removed and reinstalled Nokia PC suite
    - changed port settings

System is Windows Vista Pro, Nokia PC Suite 7.1.18.0, Carbide.c++ 2.0 build 014, TRK Version 3.0.9.

When trying to start my app, the TRK communication log is

---IDE------------------------------------------------------
    Command: 0x00 Ping
    [00 00]
    ---TRK------------------------------------------------------
    [00 00]
    [00 00]
    [00 00]
    [00 00]
    [00 00]

Any hints, things I should test?

Regards,
    Ishibo San

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: TRK problem: no connection to device

Are you using the right connection type? In my signature you can find a set of screencasts, the first of which covers device connectivity setup. Are you following the same procedure?
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2009-03-02 at 10:22. Reason: added *right* in "the right conection type", the question had no meaning otherwise :(
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Yes, I've set the connection type to USB for the CA-101 cable. For testing purposes I've created a bluetooth connection and set the connection type to Bluetooth, but it won't work, too.

Today I've downgraded the PC Suite to version 7.0.9.2, but with no success.

About a month ago it worked flawlessly, but I can't tell, what change to my system has broken it. I've installed current updates to Vista, my browsers, iTunes, Flash, and several other software I need for my work, but since I don't worked with carbide daily, I don't know since when the problem arise.

Regards,
    Ishibo San

Did you check if the com port in the device manager corresponds to your setting in the Carbides Debug Configurations connection settings? You'll have to connect your device to the PC to check this.

Regards

Andrija

Problem solved. I've connected another phone which got a much higher port number, installed the TRK client and it worked. Now I reconnected my developing phone and it got a new port number, too. With this new port number debugging worked. It seems, that the lower port is shared with another program, even if device manager shows, that this port is connected to a Nokia GSM phone USB.

Thanks to all for your support.

Regards,
    Ishibo San

I do have the same problem:
    "I've a problem with on device debugging: for some days I can't connect to my device. Service testing in Carbide now says "Error: TRK version response was corrupted". It has worked for months, but now it won't."

However, I do change the port from com3 to higher like com21. But still got "TRK version response was corrupted". Any ideas?

/eric

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by erichuang2008 View Post
    However, I do change the port from com3 to higher like com21. But still got "TRK version response was corrupted". Any ideas?
    It is not a random choice. If you have your device connected, it usually shows up in the list like "COMx - Nokia E90 Communicator USB" or something similar. That is the one you should pick.

Quote Originally Posted by erichuang2008 View Post
    If it is the same problem I had, changing the port number in device manager will not help. This is, because another device or program shared the same port with my phone. When I changed the port number, the port stayed shared. I had to force Windows to redetect my phone and let it assign a new port number. Just try another usb port. Perhaps it helps.

Regards,
    Ishibo San

Thumbs up Re: TRK problem: no connection to device

Thanks, solved my problem too! Just plugged the cable into another USB port, changed the port in the settings and it worked...