Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Device specifications.

Hi,

We frequently use forum nokia device specifications to check device description and technical specifications.
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/matrix_all_1.html

But recently we found that nokia released/rollout some proto devices whose specification was not there in "Device specifications" (forum).
    Then from where we got specification about proto devices??

Once our client got proto devices and asked about support of existing application. We didnot found anything on forum about that device, luckyly we got info from other site.

Super Contributor

Re: Device specifications.

The specifications do not appear on Forum Nokia before the device is publicly announced by Nokia. Of course, there's usually a time period from the announcement to availability (sales start) of the device.

When exactly the information appears on Forum Nokia probably varies a bit depending on how Forum Nokia gets the device specifications. Lately, it seems that the specifications appear almost immediately after the announcement of the device by Nokia.

Also, naturally, Forum Nokia cannot publish device specs before the device has been announced.

Have you examples of devices (models) which have been announced, but which' specd are not on Forum Nokia yet?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by savaj View Post
    ... We didnot found anything on forum about that device, luckyly we got info from other site.
    Could you please send me an email with details about the phone model and the site that had info about it before Forum Nokia?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Super Contributor

@petrib :
    No, i dont have examples of devices (models) which have been announced, but which' specd are not on Forum Nokia yet.
    I am talking about proto device not anounced device. from where we get specification of proto devices???

@ltomuta:
    Yes, why not. I come across site from where we got screenshots of that devices not whole specification. From that screenshots we assumed their specification. i dont have your ID, where can i send name of this site??

Click on my username on any of the posts, it will show you a Send email to ... option.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by savaj View Post
    @petrib :
    No, i dont have examples of devices (models) which have been announced, but which' specd are not on Forum Nokia yet.
    I am talking about proto device not anounced device. from where we get specification of proto devices???
    OK. Then, of course, if the device has not been publicly announced, Forum Nokia or any other Nokia site cannot and will not publish prototype specs, either.

If you have access to unannounced prototypes from Nokia, then the specifications should be also obtainable from the same Nokia sources (person or organization) that provided you with the unannounced prototype device.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    OK. Then, of course, if the device has not been publicly announced, Forum Nokia or any other Nokia site cannot and will not publish prototype specs, either.

If you have access to unannounced prototypes from Nokia, then the specifications should be also obtainable from the same Nokia sources (person or organization) that provided you with the unannounced prototype device.
    Thanks for giving valuable information. We have access to unannounced prototypes from Nokia, but requesting prototypes is not in our(my) hand.

petrib is right, the reliable source of info about proto devices can be only Nokia. Forum Nokia will publish as much as possible as soon as possible but never before the phone is officialy announced.

You can of course try to use other resources but you can't really trust them and you can't cound on the info being there all the time.
    -- Lucian

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    petrib is right, the reliable source of info about proto devices can be only Nokia. Forum Nokia will publish as much as possible as soon as possible but never before the phone is officialy announced.

You can of course try to use other resources but you can't really trust them and you can't cound on the info being there all the time.
    Thanks for providing information.