Discussion Board

Unhappy I can't install my .sis created by makesis

Hi.
    I created .sis file from .pkg file by makesis in consol, but when I want to install it to my device it progresses to 70% , and I see this error: Unable to install.

It correctly works on Emulator.

My device: N95, SDK: S60_3rd_FP1, IDE: Carbide.c++ 2
    Last edited by pooya00x; 2009-03-05 at 19:31.

Re: I can't install my .sis created by makesis

Is there anyone can solve my problem?!?!

There are many reasons why a SIS file fails to install, and many guides here on Forum Nokia and elsewhere to help you with them.

My personal favorite tool for this is here:
    http://www.whythefuckwontmysisfileinstall.com/

Try it, if it doesn't help search for some of the other online guides. If you're still stuck then you should try the Symbian security and signing board. This isn't really a Qt specific problem.

Hope that helps,
    Mark

Nokia Developer Moderator

)

Indeed, most likely not a Qt issue. SIS installation problems as well as signing and certifications are discussed here. Read the existing posts and if you don't find the answer post a new question there.

It would be helpful to give the otheres some hint on what you're doing and there's nothing better than posting your *.pkg file (and maybe the *.mmp file too)
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

I upload my sis file to http://www.whythefuckwontmysisfileinstall.com and seen this information:

SIS file summary

Package Name: qts60helloworld
    Vendor Name: Nokia, Qt Software
    Package UID: 0xEB57BFC1
    Capabilities: None
    Install Type: Standard Application (SA)

Signing Status: Signed
    "Signed" means that your SIS file has been through Symbian Signed, or some other equivalent manufacturer signing process (or is signed by a dev cert, which is much the same.) A signed SIS file can make use of capabilities that are not available to a self signed SIS file.

Note: The process this tool uses to determine a SIS file's signing status is not guaranteed 100% accurate, it may be properly signed, but this tool may detect it as self-signed.

Warning: Package UID is also used as a SID!

One (or more!) of the executables this package contains has the same Secure ID as the package UID. While technically allowed, and commonly done this is a stylistic mistake. The package UID and executables Secure IDs are different things. A SIS file only has one package UID, but may have several executables, each with a unique SID.

The offending executables are:

* !:\sys\bin\qts60helloworld.exe

I can't understand any thing

That basically tells you that there's nothing obviously wrong with your package. There could be a more subtle problem though that a tool on a server cannot detect. Use the specialized forum indicated above and see if the posts there can give you any useful clues.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

I imported hello world project in my Carbide.c+, then right click on qts60helloworld_gcce_urel.pkg and change build configuration to Phone Release (GCCE).
    Then I pressed ctrl + F11.
    I seen this this error: Cannot find file C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\release\gcce\urel\qts60helloworld.exe
    I found qts60helloworld.exe and manually copy this to C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\release\gcce\urel
    I pressed ctrl + F11 again, now i see this error:

Target request failed: TRKProtocolPlugin : Unable to open communications port (Port may be used by another application or selected port may not be available.).

please help me

I found qts60helloworld.exe and manually copy this to C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\release\gcce\urel
    This is never the solution - where did you copy it from? Did you get a target binary, or the emulator binary...

What you should do in this situation is build the project for this build configuration (gcce urel).

This is still the wrong board to discuss it on though.

Mark

Ok, here's what my tea leafs are saying:
    • you have not installed qtlibs-4.4.4-temple.exe in your SDK
      • as a result the GCCE builds are failing and that means no exe is generated
    • you have then copied the WINSCW (emulator) version of the exe into the GCCE and thus built the sis file but the installer will not accept that binary.
    -- Lucian

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Ok, here's what my tea leafs are saying:
    • you have not installed qtlibs-4.4.4-temple.exe in your SDK
      • as a result the GCCE builds are failing and that means no exe is generated
    • you have then copied the WINSCW (emulator) version of the exe into the GCCE and thus built the sis file but the installer will not accept that binary.
    I Installe qtlibs-4.4.4-temple.exe in my SDK really!

Nokia Developer Champion

Are you sure that you build your project with Phone release (GCCE) configuration?

Also check output in "Console" tab on Carbide.c++. May be you have any errors at compilation time.

Quote Originally Posted by A.A.M. View Post
    Are you sure that you build your project with Phone release (GCCE) configuration?

Also check output in "Console" tab on Carbide.c++. May be you have any errors at compilation time.
    For build myProject in Carbide.c++, I go to : Project->Properties->Carbide.c++->Build Configurations->SIS Builder->Add. I select myPrject_gcce_urel.pkg for PKG Fie. I Choice a name for Output File name. In Signing Options section I select Self sign sis file and Choice a name for Sign sis file with certificate/key pair.

After this, I right click on myProject_gcce_urel.pkg, click on Build PKG File, but I see this error in Consol tab:

Error : Cannot find file : \Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\release\gcce\urel\myProject.exe

But this file exist in C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\Epoc32\release\winscw\udeb

I copy this from C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\Epoc32\release\winscw\udeb to C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\release\gcce\urel\myProject.exe

Now when I click on Build PKG File , Carbide.c++ creates sis file, buit it not installed on my device. (It progressed only to 70% ).

No, that's exactly what I said you can't do.

Using the SIS builder isn't building your project, it is only packaging it. The binary (.exe file) that you find in the winscw\udeb directory is for the emulator only, it is using x86 processor instructions. It will not work on a device with an ARM processor.

What you need to do is set the active build configuration to GCCE Release and then re-build the project. Then you can do the SIS builder steps.

Does that make sense?

Mark