Discussion Board

Incoming call background on s60 5th themes doesn't work on 5800 xpressmusic?

Hi! i've made a soft 3d art/hentai tifa's lockheart theme. Almost everything works fine, except this problem that the calling screen should be the one i've edited
    |

but in the phone it just appear the bubblish screen

|

Can anyone please give me any solution for this problem?
    PS: I really would like to put those colored icons in the calling window instead the 5800 default ones, but i dunno how to do it

Well, thanks in advance for at least reading this thread.

Regular Contributor

Re: Incoming call background on s60 5th themes doesn't work on 5800 xpressmusic?

Hi,

Could u pls explain the steps u have followed to create the sis package and while deploying to the phone ? Did u apply the theme after u had installed it ?

Thanks.

Re: Incoming call background on s60 5th themes doesn't work on 5800 xpressmusic?

Hi,

Would you give me more explanations on what you did while making your theme. I also have a 5800 and it works fine. But you could have more. I mean that you could have your own background plus a custom contact image for the incoming or outcoming call by default, otherwise you'll have the image from the contact you've selected from your photo's gallery.

Hey there,

I also have this same problem. Any help please?

E: I am using Carbide ui 3.4 and is for an N97 mini. Everything else works pretty much fine except for the call image part. Call Image settings are set on theme images

hello,

to fix it
    on phone goto
    settings->Personal->Themes->Call Image->Select "None"

The problem should be fixed now.
    If you want convert the call image then on carbide goto
    Areas->Main Area->Incoming Call Background->Select & edit "Incoming Call Background Images"

Good luck!

Dhanu Saud
    http://www.dhsthemes.com
    --------------
    search for "dhanusaud" at nokia store ;)

Thanks for the advice but I have already tried changing the image and I still only get the bubble picture thing

Hi!
    I am using Carbide.ui 4.1. I'm making S60 v.5 theme with 2.1.1 plugin. I have changed the Areas->Main Area->Incoming Call Background Image(ICBI). In Carbide.ui it looks ok -the image I want for ICBI is there, but on the phone appears the "bubbly" image when someone calls. Why?
    On the phone(5530XM) "Settings->Personal->Themes->Call Image is set to "Theme Image" and I want that setting. How come on the Carbide.ui it looks fine and on the phone it isn't?

Also the ID "qgn_graf_call_image_1" is used for the images on both "Call" and "Call Dialing" screens, but the image on "Call" screen is bigger than the other on "Call Dialing"
    Last edited by shmatic; 2011-08-23 at 20:26.

Here is my workaround of the problem.
    Set your default 'svg' editor to Notepad(or just use it to edit...) Window->Preferences->External Tools->Vector Editor. Remove your Incoming Call Background Image(ICBI) if you have one set(right click->clear . The "bubbly" image should appear. Right click on the bugger and select edit in vector editor, then replace everything below the "<svg>" tag with something like this:

<rect fill="none" height="640" width="360" x="0"/>

This will leave you with your background image when you or someone calls. If you want you can put color to the ICBI area and still having your background by adding fill-opacity="0.n", and changing the fill="color of your liking". Example :

<rect fill="#575700" fill-opacity="0.3" height="640" width="360" x="0"/>

Be sure to leave the "<svg .... bla bla bla>" tag untouched, and the "</svg>" at the end of the file. Save the file and be happy.
    Last edited by shmatic; 2011-08-24 at 17:29.