Discussion Board

Smile Which nokia phone can use J2ME to run process as background process

Is there anyone know which nokia mobile that can use J2ME to run as background process, i will use this mobile to make an application like when there is any SMS coming in phone and this program will automatic run when the SMS format is the same with condition,

Super Contributor

Re: Which nokia phone can use J2ME to run process as background process

Hi Slasz, No S40 phones, u can target S60.
    au revoir
    Prakash Raman

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by slasz View Post
    Is there anyone know which nokia mobile that can use J2ME to run as background process, i will use this mobile to make an application like when there is any SMS coming in phone and this program will automatic run when the SMS format is the same with condition,
    Hi Slasz Welcome to the Forum Nokia. It seems you have just started development in j2me so i want to make you clear that you will not be able to receive the message which will be targeted for inbox so if you are thinking about it then forget it upto near future.(Might be possible in future).

I do not know one thing that how can we place our UI in action when we once push our application in background.

Smile Re: Which nokia phone can use J2ME to run process as background process

Thank you all for good reply.

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi slasz,

if you just want your application to be activated/started when an SMS message (directed to a specific port, as pointed out by honest_success' reply) arrives, then you could also give a look at PushRegistry, more widely supported than background MIDlets.

Hope it helps,
    Pit

Thank you so much japit, i will take a look about PushRegistry. and i try to test it,will response back the result to all of you