Discussion Board

Installing Python 1.9.2

Hi all,

I installed and I used (without any problem!!) Python 1.4.5, that is the most stable.. (I read this on many web pages..)

but now, I have to change and I have to install the 1.9.2 version on my Nokia n95, but at the beginning of the installation, an error message appears, like this "Certificate may be not yet valid, is expired or phone's date setting may be incorrect".. I really don't know what it is meaning!

please, can someone help me??.. thank you, Emanuele

Re: Installing Python 1.9.2

Quote Originally Posted by thoronnim View Post
    Hi all,

I installed and I used (without any problem!!) Python 1.4.5, that is the most stable.. (I read this on many web pages..)

but now, I have to change and I have to install the 1.9.2 version on my Nokia n95, but at the beginning of the installation, an error message appears, like this "Certificate may be not yet valid, is expired or phone's date setting may be incorrect".. I really don't know what it is meaning!

please, can someone help me??.. thank you, Emanuele
    Are you using the unsigned high capas ,which are Symbian Signed? Or are you using selfsigned? Which sis file is causing the problem runtime or the scriptshell. ? Or are you using your own certificate to sign it?

I just fixed that problem.. now I can install the runtime and also the scriptshell, but now, when I start the program in the Application menu (there is the right icon of "Python 1.9.2"), it answers me "Check if the following parts are installed: Runtime, Libraries".. and I really don't know why, because I have already installed them!

Thank you again, Emanuele

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by thoronnim View Post
    I just fixed that problem.. now I can install the runtime and also the scriptshell, but now, when I start the program in the Application menu (there is the right icon of "Python 1.9.2"), it answers me "Check if the following parts are installed: Runtime, Libraries".. and I really don't know why, because I have already installed them!

Thank you again, Emanuele
    You also need to install the PIPS library(pips_nokia_1_4_SS.sis). You can find it in the PyS60Dependencies directory.
    Alternatively, you can also refer the information and links provided in the "Getting Started" topic of PyS60 documentation.

====
    Mahesh
    PyS60 Team

Smile Re: Installing Python 1.9.2

Great!!!!

now it works!!.. thank you a lot.. bye, Emanuele