Discussion Board

Active Alert and Java HotSpot

Can anyone explain how to install Java HotSpot ?
    Furthermore, I have more than one JDK installation on my machine, so, how can I tell NAS which one to use ?

Thanks.

RE: Active Alert and Java HotSpot

Well, first you need to download the software from java.sun.com website. If you're going to install Nokia Activ Server, make sure that
    you download J2SDK 1.3 or JRE 1.3 (won't work on J2SDK 1.4 or JRE 1.4) - then install it. Second, download Java HotSpot 2.0 from java.sun.com - then install it. Third, since NAS will ONLY work with JRE 1.3 - it will auto-detect by itself.

(ps. most of people will have problem install JAVA HOTSPOT, if you do, get back to me, if not... . poop! ^_^)

Hi,

Everytime I tried to run ./wapserver, I will get this error, Unrecognized option: -server. Could not make the Java virtual machine.

I have installed both JRE 1.3.1 and Java Hotspot VM 2.0 on a Solaris 8 platform, but I still can't get it to work. I did a which and version command and here's what I found.

$which java
    /usr/bin/java

$java -version
    java version "1.2.2"
    Solaris VM (build Solaris_JDK_1.2.2_06, native threads, sunwjit)

This certainly not right as I had installed version 1.3.1 and so the version should be showing as 1.3.1. There's an older version hanging in the system. How do I get rid of it and replace it with the newer version? Also, I did not see Hotspot displayed when I did the -version command, how do I get Hotspot to work?

Please help....thanks in advance!

I managed to solve the java version problem. Anyway, if you have downloaded java 2 SDK 1.3.1_07, the hotspot would have been incorporated in it, so there is no need to download and install hotspot on a separate basis.