Discussion Board

Not able to write thubnail to EXIF fieusing CExifModify::SetThumbnailL(const TDesC8&)

I was trying to convert a non-exif file to exif file.
    I was able to create one with all the mandatory tags added.
    along with this i am also trying to add the thumbnail of the image to the converted EXIF file using
    CExifModify::SetThumbnailL(const TDesC8&). After calling SetThumbnailL function, if i try to write the
    exif using CExifModify::WriteDataL --> this is returning error -18 [KErrNotReady].
    If i do not use the SetThumbnailL function, i am able to convert the non-exif file to exif.

My question is How can i add a thumbnail to the EXIF or non-exif file?

Thanks in advance.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Not able to write thubnail to EXIF fieusing CExifModify::SetThumbnailL(const TDes

Quote Originally Posted by sriragav View Post
    I was trying to convert a non-exif file to exif file.
    I was able to create one with all the mandatory tags added.
    along with this i am also trying to add the thumbnail of the image to the converted EXIF file using
    CExifModify::SetThumbnailL(const TDesC8&). After calling SetThumbnailL function, if i try to write the
    exif using CExifModify::WriteDataL --> this is returning error -18 [KErrNotReady].
    If i do not use the SetThumbnailL function, i am able to convert the non-exif file to exif.

My question is How can i add a thumbnail to the EXIF or non-exif file?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi
    You seem to have opposite problem to what I have. I can not read the existing thumbnail
    from exif header. Did you manage to do it?

Re: Not able to write thubnail to EXIF fieusing CExifModify::SetThumbnailL(const TDes

Quote Originally Posted by hokkane4 View Post
    Hi
    You seem to have opposite problem to what I have. I can not read the existing thumbnail
    from exif header. Did you manage to do it?

yes, if the thumbnail is already present in the exif header, then you can read or get the same using GetThumbnailL() function of CExifRead class.

Regards,
    -devaraj