Discussion Board

[moved] Nokia 5800 UI inserting itself in app

I'm using an app that worked fine on my nokia N95, but when I downloaded it to my nokia 5800 the app only takes up half the screen and the nokia UI takes bottom half. Anyone know how I can take out the UI or at least keep it from showing up?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia 5800 UI inserting itself in app

you should take care that your application does resize it correctly to the different screen sizes.

Ok i'll check that, see the problem is, is that on the N95 it works fine, but today installing my app on the 5800, a UI i never saw before popped up in the app, and sounds aren't playing fully, only 1-1.5 seconds of a sound byte will play and every once in a while the whole 2 second sound bite will play. There's just a couple of things working differently so I wasn't sure where to post to get help with my app

Nokia Developer Moderator

Unless you show a relevant screenshot to prove that something is indeed intruding in your application the problem seems to be, as indicated by Jukka, the fact that your application does not have a scalable UI.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite