Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Redirection loop with latest fireFox

This was still reproducible for me last week, as far as I can tell absolutely nothing to do with which browser is used. Just log out and try to go to the discussion boards. I've only noticed it because I've been using a few different laptops lately where my log-in details weren't remembered. Just let the browser/site remember your details and there is no problem, pretty serious for new users and/or casual visitors though.

Mark

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

There are two issues here.

One was when the FN.com as a whole updated in March every one got stuck in a redirection loop signing on. This was in all browsers and was Nokia problem. Removing cookies did allow you to resolve this but it still was a Nokia issue.

There is a second issue and this is only with FireFox. When the password expires but it should not be repeatable after you have cleared the cookies. If you are still having a problem with FireFox let me know.

If you are having a problem with any other browser and deleting cookies does not resolve it then this is something new.

Ron

Super Contributor

Hi,
    please forgive me...but I am JUBILANT to see the Nokia heads suffer from this.

WHO the F%%% do you guys think that I will delete ALL MY COOKIES frokm my browser just because you changed your password system? OK, I can understand that you don't care as it is the most important web site for you...

But: my machine contains THOUSANDS of cookies with IMPORTANT PASSWORDS. Deleting these would CAUSE HAVOC for me...which is why I largely stopped to visit Forum Nokia except when I need help myself (in which case I request a new PW and log in with IE).

Sorry for rant!

Tam Hanna
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Nokia Developer Champion

You can, of course, delete just the cookies from this site (no need to delete all cookies).

And in the case of Firefox problems, I already described a way around the issue earlier without having to specifically delete any cookies.

Mind your language, too.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    You can, of course, delete just the cookies from this site (no need to delete all cookies).

And in the case of Firefox problems, I already described a way around the issue earlier without having to specifically delete any cookies.

Mind your language, too.
    Hi,
    as I already said, sorry for rant.

I am a Palm Os developer and know NOTHING about PCs except for how to use Carbide and PODS and use them for image editing for my blogs.

Hell gee, you win - I am trying it out and will post a tutorial in a jiffy!
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    My other blogs:

Super Contributor

Hi Folks,
    follow THIS 1:1 to fix your eekers:
    http://tamss60.tamoggemon.com/2009/0...-with-firefox/

All the best
    Tam Hanna

P.S. @petrib. Congratz, you got me working
    My other blogs:

Thanks Ron, that explains it (or most of it). I got a new laptop (personal) in January and didn't use it for FN until March - it didn't work for me with any browser then. I got another new laptop (work) at the end of March and it didn't work for me in any browser then either. Now it works in IE and also in Firefox after removing the cookie for this site. Looked like exactly the same problem to me from an external perspective and I just couldn't believe it wasn't being fixed in a big hurry.

What I don't quite understand is why it didn't work on a new PC that had never entered a password to login to the site (clearing cookies was not an issue there surely?).

Anyhow it's fixed now, although I'd been just staying logged in (hibernating my PC rather than shutting it down and leaving the browser open - same session for a week or two at a time) to avoid the problems anyway.

Mark