Discussion Board

Install sis file in the emulator is possible or not?

Hi Everyone,

Install sis file in the emulator is possible or not? If your response is not. Assume, I want to give my program executable files to someone to run on the emulator. Which files should be copied and from which directories to run on the second emulator?

All comments are appreciated.

Regards,
    Nader

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Install sis file in the emulator is possible or not?

Quote Originally Posted by robot_nader View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Install sis file in the emulator is possible or not? If your response is not. Assume, I want to give my program executable files to someone to run on the emulator. Which files should be copied and from which directories to run on the second emulator?

All comments are appreciated.

Regards,
    Nader
    Assuming that you are working on S60 3rd edition, then answer is "Yes".

Check this: TSS000614 - SIS installation on the S60 3rd Edition emulator

PS: Always search on Wiki first, it has almost everything that may come up in your mind as a question.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Thanks Kiran,
    I read that article, I have faced with this problem for a week. I want to deliver my project on emulator at present time. But, unfortunately, I have error about certification and It says "Unable to install. Component is built-in". Moreover when I clean the project by abld reallyclean, It gives me another error for certificate. My project at compile time runs at emulator fine, but when I want to install it on the phone or in the emulator it persists (in a hacked phone it works fine). I read all of articles in the forum in regard the problem. but there is no solution until now. I tested my sis file by this (whythefuckwontmysisfileinstall.com) site for probably problem.

Error: You appear to be using some private directories without permission!

For every private directory you write in to, excluding import directories, you must have an executable in your SIS file with a matching Secure ID. For example, if you are writing something to c:\private\80000001\foo.ini, you must have an executable in your package with SID of 0x80000001.

Note, you may disregard this error if this is an upgrade and you know the relevant SIDs to be present in the base package.

The offending private directories are:

* !:\private\A0000181\backup_registration.xml
    To inform you. I deleted sdk and even I installed old version of sdks. Also, I patched Epoc32 according to that article (your sent article link). But, I give certification error even for commercial sis files for example Nokia Internet Radio.

I don't know what is going wrong?
    Please, kindly let me know from your valuable knowledge.

Regards,
    Nader
    Last edited by robot_nader; 2009-03-16 at 08:20.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Firstly, re-flash your device with unmodified firmware, and see whether you can get any error on installing into it, we generally do not like "hacked" phones in here.