Discussion Board

Question How do I set and store a new equalizer preset used by the audio player on a N95?

Dear all!

Background: I have successfully built and installed the example application Image:PlayerExtrasExample.zip on my Nokia N95 device using the demo signing site from Symbian (symbiansigned.com)

Problem: However, when I try to extend the application, trying to create a new Preset for the equalizer I run into various trouble:

The new equalizer preset itself is indeed created and I can see and choose it in the equalizer list from the N95 media player equalizer preset list. BUT the equalizer band settings I wished to store within this new presest is not stored at all. I.e only the default settings are contained within the new equalizer preset.

Can any hint me what I do wrong here?

The altered code is stated below:

TInt32 levelMin, levelMax;

// this exists ok on target
    if(iMdaAudioPlayerUtility) {

if(iAudioEqualizerUtility == NULL)
    {
    iAudioEqualizerUtility = CAudioEqualizerUtility::NewL(*iMdaAudioPlayerUtility); // this exists ok on target
    }

iBandNum = iAudioEqualizerUtility->Equalizer().NumberOfBands(); //this is printed in the device N95 and is correctly = 8
    iAudioEqualizerUtility->Equalizer().DbLevelLimits(levelMin, levelMax); //these levels are retrieved and printed on device N95

TInt nn = iAudioEqualizerUtility->NumberOfPreDefinedPresets();

TBuf<50> buffer;
    buffer = iAudioEqualizerUtility->GetPresetL(nn-1);
    iBuf = buffer; // this preset is printed correctly on target N95 (= Rock)

// used to create a dummy preset name to for testing purpose.
    _LIT( KHello, "AABBCC" );
    TBuf<100> something;
    something.Copy(KHello);

// here I just try to set a value on the fourth equalizer band in order to try to verify if this value is really stored in the device
    // However, this new band value is NOT stored. Why not????

iAudioEqualizerUtility->Equalizer().EnableL();
    iAudioEqualizerUtility->Equalizer().SetBandLevelL(4, 11);
    iAudioEqualizerUtility->Equalizer().ApplyL();

//This new equalizer preset name shows upp after creation in the media
    // player on the N95 device. But the band value I wanted to store did not show upp. Instead band number 4 is set to deafault value, why??
    iAudioEqualizerUtility->CreatePresetL(something, iAudioEqualizerUtility->Equalizer());

}

Note: I apply all capabilities allowed using the demo signing at symbiansigning.com and have set the following capabilities in the .mmp file: ReadDeviceData ReadUserData SwEvent TrustedUI UserEnvironment WriteDeviceData WriteUserData
    Last edited by paulcronholm@gmail.com; 2009-03-17 at 12:15.