Discussion Board

Hybrid View

joystick righ click and left click and right menu option

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is a J2ME construct that will navigate into a folder if one right click on the joystick/nouse or navigates out of when one left clicks on the joystick/mouse?

Also how to control what is shown on the right menu option? currently the right menu option shows back or exit, i would like to make it show "search" and call a routine.

Thanks for your help
    Omid

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: joystick righ click and left click and right menu option

Regarding the first point:

It will have to be a signed application to avoid so many prompts. I still havent seen such app but it might be there.
    There is a folder navigation example in the current Java Developers Library under "Developer Guides -> Data handling" section
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...s_Library.html

Regarding the second point:

It depends on the commands you add to the displayable. In case you don't know it, you use the Command class to add functionality to the softkeys. What phone are you using?
    :Ruben

Regular Contributor

Adding to what rincon told:
    Command buttons placement is totally depend on the command type and priority. The placement of commands differs in phones (for Nokia it will be one standard for SonyEricsson other). but you can control the placement of the command by changing the command type and the sequence number.
    for eg: if by default Command.EXIT will come in RSK, and you want to make it available in the LSK, change the type to Command.SCREEN or Command.ITEM like that. But this will be against the normal UI specification of the mobile.

Regards
    Senthil

Thanks guys for your input my phone is a Nokia E71 BUT this application is intended to work on different platforms