Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

using all caps without Publisher ID

Hi,

i am developing an app. This is self signed but i want to use some caps without paying for a publisher id. So this is a project and we want start with this app only on a mobile (only for testing purposes). If i am well informed i must first buy a publisher certificate and then i will be able to sign them on symbian signed.

These are my caps : LocalServices NetworkServices ReadUserData UserEnvironment WriteUserData.

Greetz
    Franky

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: using all caps without Publisher ID

Quote Originally Posted by FrankTheFox View Post
    Hi,

i am developing an app. This is self signed but i want to use some caps without paying for a publisher id. So this is a project and we want start with this app only on a mobile (only for testing purposes). If i am well informed i must first buy a publisher certificate and then i will be able to sign them on symbian signed.

These are my caps : LocalServices NetworkServices ReadUserData UserEnvironment WriteUserData.

Greetz
    Franky
    The capabilities you have listed, come under user-grantable set. Hence, you can sign your application with self-signed certificate(without any need of Publisher ID) and distribute it. But it will prompt a warning note on installation that it is self-signed or so... To get rid of this warning, you have to go through Symbian Signing process and you need Publisher ID as the essential pre-requisite.

If you are going to use extended set of capabilities, which are not part of the user-grantable set, you can use OpenSigned Online option where you can provide single IMEI in the development phase.

I hope I put all the words in the right place. Anyways let me know if you still have any confusion.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Regular Contributor

Hi,

yes well i thought that "OpenSigned Online" works only with a developer id. So i have to spend money for testing purposes. The caps list works for self signed apps (kind of apps i used before), but i want to use e.g. "Location", ...

Greetz
    Franky

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FrankTheFox View Post
    Hi,

yes well i thought that "OpenSigned Online" works only with a developer id. So i have to spend money for testing purposes. The caps list works for self signed apps (kind of apps i used before), but i want to use e.g. "Location", ...

Greetz
    Franky
    Hmm, if you are thinking of beta testing, then you should go with OpenSigned Offline option where you can include upto 1000 IMEIs in one certificate request and test your application on those devices. But you have to have Publisher ID for this.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team