Discussion Board

Inquiring with LIAC mode for BT devices set in scan mode LIAC

Hi

I have been trying to use Nokia Bluetooth PMP example to discover BT devices set in LIAC scan mode. I have been trying different options:
    1)

set iAddr.SetIAC( KLIAC ); for iResolver.GetByAddress(iAddr, iEntry, iStatus);

than

iProperty.Define(KPropertyUidBluetoothControlCategory, KPropertyKeyBluetoothSetLimitedDiscoverableStatus, RProperty::EInt);

and

iProperty.Set(KPropertyUidBluetoothControlCategory, KPropertyKeyBluetoothSetLimitedDiscoverableStatus, ETrue);

2)

set iAddr.SetIAC( KLIAC ); for iResolver.GetByAddress(iAddr, iEntry, iStatus);

than

iProperty.Define(KPropertyUidBluetoothControlCategory, KPropertyKeyBluetoothSetLimitedDiscoverableStatus, RProperty::EByteArray);

and

TPckgBuf<TUint32> type = KLIAC; //KGIAC
    iProperty.Set(KPropertyUidBluetoothControlCategory,KPropertyKeyBluetoothSetLimitedDiscoverableStatus, type );

3)

set iAddr.SetIAC( KGIAC );

than

than

iProperty.Define(KPropertyUidBluetoothControlCategory, KPropertyKeyBluetoothSetLimitedDiscoverableStatus, RProperty::EByteArray);

and

TPckgBuf<TUint32> type = KLIAC; //KGIAC
    iProperty.Set(KPropertyUidBluetoothControlCategory,KPropertyKeyBluetoothSetLimitedDiscoverableStatus, type );

and in none of these options the LIAC BT device was found.

I have also tried to compile example in different SDKs cause I have found note ( for Java SDK ) that setting LIAC mode in Symbian SDK FP1 does not work. So I have compiled it in MR and FP2, but still no success.

I have required developer certificate with NetworkControl capability and app is installing without problems.

Please let me know if anybody have such problems with inquiring in LIAC mode or know some solutions.

thanks in advance

Re: Inquiring with LIAC mode for BT devices set in scan mode LIAC

Ok i found the probelm was i set the BT device which has to be discovered unproperly in LIAC, now it can be found but the searching time is aprox 40 secs even if the device is close.