Discussion Board

RTP Coding with J2ME

Hi all,
    I made an app. so that two proxy can exchange msg between them using SIP methods like INVITE, MESSAGE and BYE. Now I wanna exchange audio instead of text msg. It requires RTP but I have no coding concept about RTP. If anyone help me with any kind of link or code or tutorial so that I can code RTP with in SIP. I know the audio recording part with "Player" class, just I need RTP. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Prithwi.

Super Contributor

Re: RTP Coding with J2ME

Hi,
    Though I am not Java person, but I know there are plenty of example in FN Wiki that is helpful to you.
    You can follow this example .

Nokia Developer Expert

you could check documents of JSR 135 which supports RTP streaming.
    however you should run your test application on the target phone to check whether it can support the feature you want.

Nokia Developer Expert

one more thing,if you just want to make a app to manage RTP on S60 phone, the native RTP/RTC API should be a easy way. you could get such api from SDK API Plug-in page.

Quote Originally Posted by prithwi View Post
    Hi all,
    I made an app. so that two proxy can exchange msg between them using SIP methods like INVITE, MESSAGE and BYE. Now I wanna exchange audio instead of text msg. It requires RTP but I have no coding concept about RTP. If anyone help me with any kind of link or code or tutorial so that I can code RTP with in SIP. I know the audio recording part with "Player" class, just I need RTP. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Prithwi.
    hello prithwi,
    i m tryn to develop a similiar kinda app u made, but i m not able to...due to probably lack of knowledge of sip implementation....can you please forward the source code of your app in my mail...my id = "zeeshu26@gmail.com"...... i succesfulyy ran the SIP demo in phone + pc, one activing client and other server, just cant figure out, how to create two clients and maintain a server, how server routes the init request to intended reciever,,,please can you help