Discussion Board

Colour wallpapers and polyphonic ringtones

I'm developing polyphonic ringtones and colour wallpapers for Nokia phones and have a few questions:

1) Can anybody cofirm that the best size for wallpapers for the Nokia 7210, 6610, 5100, 6100, 7250 etc is 128 x 128, and for the 7650 and 3650 the best size is 178h x 130w. What about the Nokia 8910i and the 3510i, what's the best sized wallpaper for these phones?

2) Is there a limit as to the size of a wallpaper or polyphonic ringtone that can be downloaded via WAP? Is the limit different for each phone?

I'd appreciate any pointers in the right direction, answers or comments.

Thank you,

Chris Michael

Super Contributor

RE: Colour wallpapers and polyphonic ringtones

Hi,

1. Wallpaper size for the Series40, ie. 7210, 6610..., is 128 x 128. For Series60 it's 174 x 132. For Series30, ie. 3510i, 8910i, 96 x 65.

2. Images of these size are not that big and of course the small file size is always better to keep the download times reasonable. The same goes for the polyphonic ringingtones as well. The average size of a ringingtone could be about 10 kB or a bit less.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

RE: Colour wallpapers and polyphonic ringtones

In terms of download sizes I'm not sure it's as simple as that - certainly in the case of logos anything above 5KB will not go through the wap gateway of most operators. In the case of Orange anything over 3KB gets blocked - certainly in my experience.

8910i and Polyphonic Ringtones

Hmmmm

So can anyone confirm that the 8910i does intdeed support polyphonic ringtones?

And if so can we use and tool to compose them/convert them over from standard MIDI etc?

cheers

Vance

what about the format? Are all Nokia phones accepting JPG, GIF, PNG and WBMP? Or, are there any spec explaining which phone type supports which picture format???

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

Please see for example:

http://www.forum.nokia.com - Resources - Technologies - Browsing/WAP - Documents - Nokia Browser Features - 'Browser Characteristics In Nokia GSM Phones' document for supported content types.

Kind regards,

sami / Forum Nokia Developer Support