Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

location netbeans

hi friends

help,

I can netbeans use to simulate GPS data, or testing applications of location?

thanks

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: location netbeans

The answer is yes.

Right click over the project -> properties, and on the emerging window select "platform" (on the left) -> "Manage Emulators" (on the right):

Look for the emulator preferences tab could be either Wireless Toolkit or the S60 SDK.
    You will find a location tab, just write some x,y coordinates.
    :Ruben

Super Contributor

wich version of the WTK ? Cause I got 2.5.2 and 3.0 EA installed and I can't find it on both ?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger79 View Post
    wich version of the WTK ? Cause I got 2.5.2 and 3.0 EA installed and I can't find it on both ?
    Either of these will do... Once you run the emulation go to the emulator's window menu, MIDlet/External Events... the location readings are right there.

I've written an article on how to generate a set of moving readings using the S60 SDK Emulator, but it hasn't been published yet When it is it will be available on the articles and presentations page. I'll post back here when it's available.

- Mike
    NAVTEQ Network for Developers
    The community for developing innovative location-based applications
    http://NN4D.com

Super Contributor

oke,
    I knew of that option, creating an external event whilst running the emulator itself...
    Most probably I misunderstood the reply of rdincon, in which I presumed he was saying it was possible to set a latitude and longitude without runnign the emulator/external events but just entering (a "static" ?) coordinate right into the Manage Emulators menu...

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger79 View Post
    oke,
    I knew of that option, creating an external event whilst running the emulator itself...
    Most probably I misunderstood the reply of rdincon, in which I presumed he was saying it was possible to set a latitude and longitude without runnign the emulator/external events but just entering (a "static" ?) coordinate right into the Manage Emulators menu...
    He is... in NetBeans... you just asked how to do it in WTK 2.5.2 or 3.0.

- Mike
    NAVTEQ Network for Developers
    The community for developing innovative location-based applications
    http://NN4D.com

Super Contributor

yup sorry,
    thats what I meant though, I have both WTK's installed in NetBEans, still I cannot find that menu he is talking about...

"Right click over the project -> properties, and on the emerging window select "platform" (on the left) -> "Manage Emulators" (on the right):

Look for the emulator preferences tab could be either Wireless Toolkit or the S60 SDK."

"wich version of the WTK ? Cause I got 2.5.2 and 3.0 EA installed and I can't find it on both ?"

So we weere talking about the WTK installed as a platfrom in netbeans...

BTW I just tried (with Netbeans and external event when emulator starts up) but that wont work in my app, whilst it works ok on device...
    I do have a preferences Button for the wtk 2.5.2 and that starts a preferences settings menu, which also include a Location submenu (within a tree-structure)... But when selecting this I cannot enter a latitude /longitude, just a vertical and horizontal accuracy...
    Last edited by Tiger79; 2009-03-24 at 11:45.