Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

How to get confirmation command when sending sms?

Hi all!
    I wonder one thing. Can i get the command on the confirmation when i send sms(Yes/No).Please reply me I really need it as fast as posible.

Thanks,,
    Raksa
    Last edited by chaoraksa; 2009-03-21 at 01:49.

Super Contributor

Re: How to get confirmation command when sending sms?

Sorry, I did not understand your question...

If you are asking how to avoid those confirmation screens, then the unfortunate answer is that on some phones you cannot. Even aftyer signing, the device will always prompt for sending SMS. On Series 40 5th Edition (and newer) as well as S60 3rd Edition FP2 Edition (and newer) devices you can avoid this by signing.

If you are asking how you can check if the user selected either yes or no, then the answer is that you cannot really see that (that dialog is a system-level dialog and you have no access to that). Either the user allows sending the SMS or then the user selects no and your MIDlet will see a SecurityException.

But it I am not answering your question, please describe your issue in more detail

Hartti

Regular Contributor

Hi hartti!
    I mean that when we send sms by code it will show the confirmation right?. Then i want to get the command if the user press yes or no. Can i get that?

Thanks,,
    Raksa

Hi Raksa ,
    Are taking about the In j2me if you are sending sms the phone will ask the security question are taking about that? If this is your question
    Ans:
    If you press yes command you are giving the permitions to send the sms that time the application will go smooth and it will send the sms.
    If you press no means you are denying the permitions that time you will give the security exception . With that you can find which command got pressed

Boolean command_pressed_yes = true;
    try{
    message.send()
    }
    catch(exception e){
    command_pressed_yes = false;
    }

Super Contributor

overall bhanuchandar's code is correct although it is sematically incorrect in situations where the SMS sending is completely blocked or always allowed (as in those cases the user does not even see the confirmation dialog, and there is no yes or no for the user to select)

Hartti

Super Contributor

Thumbs up Re: How to get confirmation command when sending sms?

Hi,
    u can implement an Alert with YES and NO commands by urself before sending the sms. Suppose user press NO then no need to open the connection else open the connection and send the sms. Well an alert will automatically generates by AMS of device for unsigned applications. In that case u can follow the bhanu's suggestions.

thanks,
    jitu_goldie..
    thanks,
    jitu_goldie..

KEEP TRYING..

Super Contributor

Hi,
    Well jitu_goldie advice is as good as anything...for the unsigned application..I guess a good way to find out the user pressed command..However I would like to add that if user want to see the alert..what jitu_goldie is talking about..than no need to sign the application...since to get rid of that alert you pay a huge amount of money.

Well why you want to know that what user had pressed?
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,