Discussion Board

Question 2.5mm adapter for E66

Hi, I am new here..if I am somehow posting this question in the wrong area here I apologize!! Anyway I have a very simple question that is driving me crazy.

I recently bought a Nokia E66 Slider. My question is does anyone know of a 2.5mm adapter that can SIMPLY convert the jack so one can use the old style "wired headsets WITH mic on head set"...ala Jabra, plantronics, or in my case a Sure quiet spot. I just HATE Bluetooth..I have tried almost every bluetooth headset..from the jawbone to a talking blueant..to plantronics voyager. I simply want to be able to use my older wired headsets WITH THEIR mic. The nokia jack is a 3 ring 2.5 mm,my headset is 2 ring 2.5mm. I have to think somebody else may also want to at least have the choice to use a wired headset WITH mic other than the cheapy Nokia headset that comes with the phone. Again I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong area. Thanks much...Randy

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: 2.5mm adapter for E66

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Develore discussion board Randy

It is ok to try out and see whether you got to the correct place, anyway as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query.

And I'm happy to redirect you to one, Here's the link: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/