Discussion Board

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

[merged] Is something wrong with Symbian Open Signed

I am trying to sign my application from "Open Signed Online" i.e https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/pa...ignedOnline.do

but, I am unable to receive the download link after getting the confirmation link. Earlier i.e around 1 day back, everything was done instantly.

Re: Unable to receive download link after Confirmation Link

Is there some problem in "Open Signed online" ??

Nokia Developer Champion

Hmm, it seems to have some problem. Previously I used to get download link very quickly. Let's see if some SymbianSigned people are looking on this thread and may have solution.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Regular Contributor

Yep, same problem here. But luckily generation of developer certificates still works on the site.

Can i have some information on how to generate developer certificates and publisher ID on Symbian signed.??

Nokia Developer Moderator

You can read about that on the Symbian Signed site (though technically it links back to FN Wiki). It starts with having a firm, and buying a Publisher ID for it from TrustCenter. It costs around 200 EUR and individuals are not accepted.
    Alternatively you can join the Ovi Publisher program (1 EUR, read the articles under the link "Distribute" above), it also provides a devcert for you.

Okey!! But, I am an undergrad student working on a research project that targets development of mobile application. Hence, for now (i.e. in initial stage of development) i am looking for some free alternative like "symbian signed online" so that i can develop and test as many times i want, and on completion of the app, i can go for a developer certificate for distributing my application.

Nokia Developer Champion

I think that is one of the reason why "Open Signed Online" was introduced. But unfortunately it does not work now which might be a temporary issue.

Note that it may happen that you need only user-grantable capabilities where you can use self-signed certificate locally on your machine. Which are the capabilities you need in your application?
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Yeah..!! I know, but self signing doesn't work in my case. Anyways i have to wait for "Open Signed Online" to come up again.

Thanks for the responses.

Regular Contributor

Another legal option would be to join Ovi-store and request the free signing package. Then you get a developer certificate for up to 5 phones which is valid for 6 months.
    Besides that, there are sites which offer developer certificates but this is risky because you have to share your phone's IMEI with unserios guys and the legality of these sites is questionable.

Thanks for the "OVI -Store" option, It seems good for me. I am going to give it a try now.

Regular Contributor

Open symbian sign - issue

Hi,

I am trying to sign my application using Open Signed Option on www.symbiansigned.com.

1. Create my username and password.
    2. registered protected(2xxxxxxx) and unprotected uid(Axxxxxxx).
    3. Changed the app with protected uid and submitted the app by providing the imei and registered email id.it failed giving an error "FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder matching this email address (0x20025e3a )".
    4. Changed the app with unprotected uid and submitted the app by providing the imei and register email id.it failed giving an error "FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder matching this email address (0x20025e3a ) FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not in the protected or test range (0xa89fd843). Open Signed Online only accepts UIDs from the ranges 0x2xxxxxxx and 0xExxxxxxx.".

How can i resolve this issue?

Thanks and regards.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Open symbian sign - issue

Read the last sentence in the message and act accordingly.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Open symbian sign - issue

The UID's falling the range of 0xA0000000 … 0xAFFFFFFF are UID's for self signing purpose , if you go for symbian signed offline, which you are choosing, then it will fail as happening in your case.

Also the protected UID you are trying to use(0x20025e3a), are you sure its allocated from your symbian signed account, because if this is the case then the error , mentioned in 3, would not have happened

The test range UID's(0xE0000000 … 0xEFFFFFFF) are generated by the IDE when you choose to create a new project, so if your project has this UID then it would be no problem in open signing the application.

Open Signing - Mail not received

Hi

I am developing an application and I have been using open signing for getting it signed as it requires certain capabilities.

From yesterday, I am facing issue with open signing.

When I submit the application for open signing, I do receive the confirmation mail.

I have clicked on the link to confirm the submission, but I have not received the next mail to download the open-signed application.

Before yesterday, I was able to receive the download mail with in couple of minutes of confirmation.

Just wanted to know if others are also seeing this issue.