Discussion Board

Bug with COD-Download in all Nokia handsets ?!?

When downloading a wallpaper or polyphonic ringtone with COD-method using Nokia 7210 or 3510i I get a reproduceable error in a certain condition:
    1) I send a bookmark by OTA to the phone containing the download-URL of the COD-file
    2) I open the bookmark and the phone connects via CSD
    3) The phone displays the COD-information (Name, Price, Venodr etc.)
    4) I press "OK" immediately (waiting only 0.5 seconds after COD is displayed on phone screen)
    5) The phone immediately displays "downloading error" (with all handsets tested)
    6) I am back in the "Bookmarks" menu of the phone

This error does always occur when I start the downloading by opening a bookmark with CSD and press OK within 1 second after the COD-file is displayed on the phone screen.
    a) It does not occur when I wait 2 seconds after COD is displayed and then press OK
    b) It also does not occur when using GPRS
    c) It also does not occur when I put the link to the COD-file within a WML page. If I then open this WML page from the bookmarks menu and click on the link within the WML page everything also works fine.

Is this a known bug in Nokia series 40 and the 3510 and 3510i?

Thanks for all info!
    Jens Begemann

Super Contributor

RE: Bug with COD-Download in all Nokia handsets ?!?

Hi,

You propably have "temporary" selected as a session mode in your phone. When you press OK immediately after receiving the CoD-file, phone tries to make another datacall and of course it's not possible, ie. if you have "temporary" as a session mode the phone just receives the requested item and disconnects. It takes that 1-2 seconds to disconnect the datacall.

After the phone has disconnected the previous datacall, you can make a new one.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

Error in both cases (temporary/permanent)

If I use "temporary", I get the following error message:
    'downloading error' - and for 1 second the comment 'unknown Ind (x83 x00)'

If I use "permanent", I get only 'downloading error'

We never use "temporary" as a seesion mode for Nokia handset configuration.

Super Contributor
    Hi,

What are the software version in your phones? Can I get a link to your content, so I can verify it? If you don't want to give it publicly, you can send it to smart.messaging@nokia.com.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia