Discussion Board

Photo Uploader Service

Hi!

I'm trying to implement the Image Upload Server API v1.1.

First of all, we're trying to make the phone authenticate against our
    server. We're using a "home-made" certificate.
    The phone asks if we wish to continue, and we press "yes". After that, the phone says "Unable to connect to server", before the HTTP request has been made.

Must the upload server have a certificate from a "real" CA? And which CAs does the phone recognize?

We have managed to upload images to Fotodock.com using the phone, so we can assume that the GPRS settings in the phone are correct.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Einar

I am having almost the same problem. I have a valid certificate, although I seem to run into the same problem even when using plain HTTP and not HTTPS.

The phone (a 3650) sends the login request to the server, and it is successfuly received. The server sends a reply (which I have verified is working and meets the Image Upload Server spec) but the phone just stops. It displays an error to the user and never requests the RSURL.

Any thoughts?

I see a lot of people have asked about this general issue, but the only answer I can find so far is someone pointing to the Image Upload Server API document, which would be helpful... except it does not seem to match the implementation in Nokia's phones.

Okay - nevermind... I finally got it to work.

Apparently the "Content-Length" HTTP header is required (at least for the 3650). I'm working in PHP, which doesn't add this header by default. Adding that fixed everything.

I think the content-length requirement should be made clearer in the API document. The rest of the API doc turned out to be accurate - again, at least for the 3650.

Now, if only Nokia would release an updated Images app that supports the full protocol - remote thumbnail browsing, downloading, etc... that would rock.
    Last edited by rbrome; 2003-05-22 at 01:21.