Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Uninstallation issue on N95 device

Dear Sir,
    1. I have made an FEP based application for series 60 3rd edtion FP1 and FP2. The application is divided into 2 parts: one is the "Fep", where i have used ECOM plugin and to operate the Fep i have made the second part i.e. "setup", which is UI part of my application.

2. I am making my application Symbian signed Certified and Nokia Certified. I am doing Remote device Access test in Forum Nokia's RDA site.

3. I have embedded fep and also set its dependency in setup.pkg. The pkg format of setup is
    ----------------------------------
    ;embedded fep.sis
    @"fep.sis",(0x200220AF)

; Dependency and required version
    (0x200220AF), 2, 0, 0, {"fep"}
    ---------------------------------------

4. In N95 device i am facing 2 problems
    a) When i uninstall "setup" i see 2 messages "setup will be removed from phone" and another is "Removal may stop other applications from working. Continue anyway". Actually the second message should come only while uninstalling "fep" and not during "setup". I see this second message problem only for the N95 device and not for other FP1 device E71 as well as not for FP2 device N79. What problem does N95 has??

b) If i uninstall "fep" before "setup" and then if i try to open "setup" application, i have coded in such a way that after opening "setup", a message appears saying "Fep Not found, kindly Reinstall the setup package". This way i block the setup application from opening. But in N95 after uninstalling "fep" , i am able to open "setup" application and no message is seen , also i am not able to block "setup" application. I see this problem only for the N95 device and not for other FP1 device E71 as well as FP2 device N79. What problem does N95 has??

Can you please help me on this.

regards,
    Sameer Kamble

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Uninstallation issue on N95 device

4) Uninstaling "setup" causes also the "fep" to be uninstalled so the warning message is not out of order.

5) You seem to have a problem in setup's implementation. How are you detecting that the FEP is not installed and why doesn't that detection mechanism work?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

hi Itomuta,

doubt for number 4 to sameer's post
    -----------------------------------

1) First of all, this message is there because if you uninstall fep before setup,which is our core application(engine), the setup wont work, because it(setup) is dependant on fep

2) so if any body tries to uninstall fep by accident he will atleast get a message.
    that some problem may occur by uninstalling fep

3) so the message is occuring because dependancy has been put in pkg file for fep.sis (embedded in setup.pkg)

what the question is that,in Nokia N79(s60 3rd edtion FP2)

1) when i am uninstalling setup.sis (fep.sis being embedded also get uninatalled)I am not getting this message.

2) but only when i am uninstalling fep.sis i am getting this message.(which is what i want)

So why am I getting this message when i uninstall setup.sis on Nokia N95???
    i am not getting this message on E71 also!!!

So i am confused!!
    Any suggestions please!!!
    I am stuck up with the problem!!!
    Is it a known issue regarding a firmware version or anything else!!!!
    Thanks,
    himanshu
    Last edited by himsymbian; 2009-03-31 at 12:48.

Regular Contributor

hi friends,

I am unable to solve the issue.
    Can any body guide me please.

why does application manager(which uninstalls application) behave differently for N79 (s60 3rd edition fp2,N71 3rd edition fp1)
    and why does it behave differently for N95!!!!

Thanks,
    himanshu
    Last edited by himsymbian; 2009-03-31 at 13:01.