Discussion Board

Cool SyncML link problem

Hi, all.

I'm using S60-SDK-200634-3.1-Cpp-f.1090b and SyncML from S60_3rd_Ed_SDK_FP1_API_Plug-In_Pack_v2_5.zip.

I have copied header files into
    C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\Epoc32\include

and lib files

syncmlclientapi.lib, nsmltransporthandler.lib, nsmltransporthandler{000a0000}.lib,
    syncmlclientapi{000a0000}.lib, syncmldatafilter{000a0000}.lib syncmldatafilter.lib

into C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\Epoc32\release\armv5\lib folder
    and successfully compiled my syncml application for GCCE platform.

However, I encountered a problem at link phase for emulator(WinSCW) platform:

Here is the error text:

Undefined symbol: 'RSyncMLSession::RSyncMLSession(void) (??0RSyncMLSession@@QAE@XZ)' Unknown C/C++ Problem
    Undefined symbol: 'void RSyncMLSession::OpenL(void) (?OpenL@RSyncMLSession@@QAEXXZ)' Unknown C/C++ Problem
    Undefined symbol: 'void RSyncMLSession::ListProfilesL(class RArray<int> &, enum TSmlUsageType) const (?ListProfilesL@RSyncMLSession@@QBEXAAV?$RArray@H@@W4TSmlUsageType@@@Z)' Unknown C/C++ Problem
    Undefined symbol: 'RSyncMLDevManProfile::RSyncMLDevManProfile(void) (??0RSyncMLDevManProfile@@QAE@XZ)' Unknown C/C++ Problem
    Undefined symbol: 'void RSyncMLDevManProfile::OpenL(class RSyncMLSession &, int) (?OpenL@RSyncMLDevManProfile@@QAEXAAVRSyncMLSession@@H@Z)' Unknown C/C++ Problem
    Undefined symbol: 'class TDesC8 const & RSyncMLProfileBase::ServerId(void) const (?ServerId@RSyncMLProfileBase@@QBEABVTDesC8@@XZ)' Unknown C/C++ Problem
    Undefined symbol: 'RSyncMLDevManJob::RSyncMLDevManJob(void) (??0RSyncMLDevManJob@@QAE@XZ)' Unknown C/C++ Problem
    Undefined symbol: 'void RSyncMLDevManJob::CreateL(class RSyncMLSession &, int) (?CreateL@RSyncMLDevManJob@@QAEXAAVRSyncMLSession@@H@Z)' Unknown C/C++ Problem
    Undefined symbol: 'void RSyncMLJobBase::Close(void) (?Close@RSyncMLJobBase@@QAEXXZ)' Unknown C/C++ Problem
    Undefined symbol: 'void RSyncMLProfileBase::Close(void) (?Close@RSyncMLProfileBase@@QAEXXZ)' Unknown C/C++ Problem
    Undefined symbol: 'void RSyncMLSession::Close(void) (?Close@RSyncMLSession@@QAEXXZ)' Unknown C/C++ Problem

I then tried to copy lib files into C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\Epoc32\release\winscw\udeb folder, but no luck.

There obviously should exist a separate library(plugin) for emulator.

Does anyone know how to get SyncML plugin with emulator support?

Thanks in advance.

Regular Contributor

Re: SyncML link problem

What's the URL to find the .zip? Doesn't it contain any .libs/dlls for winscw udeb builds in the actual zip itself?

Super Contributor

There obviously should exist a separate library(plugin) for emulator.
    Obviously you did'nt look in the zip file otherwise you would have seen there are no libs for it.

Perhaps you should have also had a look at the FAQ - http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/SDK_API_Plug-in
    "Where can I find the WINSCW/GCCE libraries for these APIs?"

From FP2 I believe there are WINSCW libraries BUT DO NOT BACK COPY THEM AS THEY WILL PROBABLY KILL YOUR EMULATOR!!
    Download Symbian OS now! [url]http://developer.symbian.org[/url]

Thank you for replies.

I've read the FAQ and I've seen that there are no libs for WINSCW.

Here what the FAQ says:

Answer: The libraries included in this package are built at a later date that the public SDK. To speed up the release date and to avoid SDK incompatibilities it was decided that the WINSCW libraries will not be published. For the GCCE platform the ARMV5 libraries are used seamlessly.

I downloaded S60_3rd_Ed_SDK_FP2_API_Plug-In_Pack_v1_2.zip to see libs I need. But these plugins do not contain SyncML at all.

Does anyone have SDK60_FP2 to see SyncML support in there?

And still I am looking for a way to get WINSCW SyncML libs for S60-SDK-FP1 since I am developing an application for the particular phone and it's native SDK is S60-SDK-FP1.

Appreciate any comments.

Super Contributor

I must have an older version of the plugin pack.

In that case you will need raise a paid support request with Nokia for the API's
    Download Symbian OS now! [url]http://developer.symbian.org[/url]