Discussion Board

Emulator run another application !

Hi all

I use Carbide v2.0 ,i work in project when run it in emulator find emulator run another application "not my project" , i search the reason and find it was i select another application in "New Launch Configuration Wizard" whereupon i search way to modify "New Launch Configuration Wizard"
    but i can't find it while now.

please help me to find "New Launch Configuration Wizard" .

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Emulator run another application !

Option 1.

Option 2.

Option 3.

Option 4. Open the help and search for "New Launch Configuration Wizard"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Thank very match for reply mister ltomuta ,

I used [Right Click --> Run As --> Run Configuration ,and in the window change Run luncher to "A1_0xE0A6CB10.exe" (My Project Name)], and goto mmp file and see the target and find it:
    Code:
    TARGET			A1_0xE0A6CB10.exe
    All thing right , but when "Run" no project work !!!!!!!!!!!

And appear this message!!

Last edited by kauk; 2009-03-28 at 12:06.

Do you have another project with that name in Carbide.c++? Is there a Run configuration defined for it? If so, delete it (you can create a new one when needed) and close the projects that you don't actively use.

Does that help?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Thank very match for reply mister ltomuta ,

Do you have another project with that name in Carbide.c++?
    Yes but in Carbide C++ v1.3 and I work with Carbide C++ v2.0 now.

Is there a Run configuration defined for it?
    Yes I configuration Run with project name "A1_0xE0A6CB10.exe" ,but see error message seed don't found "A1_0xEE89E926.exe" (wrong project name)!!!!

If so, delete it (you can create a new one when needed)and close the projects that you don't actively use.
    I deleted wrong project "A1_0xEE89E926.exe" and so that see error message {before it when use run tool wrong project "A1_0xEE89E926.exe" is run instead of my true project "A1_0xEE89E926.exe" }.

Do you actually have such executable? You can check its existence using a file manager, visit <your SDK installation path>\epoc32\release\winscw\udeb - if you are already there, and see the file, you can also try launching it.

Thank very match for reply mister wizard_hu_ .

Do you actually have such executable? You can check its existence using a file manager, visit <your SDK installation path>\epoc32\release\winscw\udeb - if you are already there, and see the file, you can also try launching it.
    I go to "\epoc32\release\winscw\udeb" and find right project name "A1_0xE0A6CB10.exe" and run it it's ok , but when use run tool still face same problem And appear error message!!

Quote Originally Posted by kauk View Post
    Yes but in Carbide C++ v1.3 and I work with Carbide C++ v2.0 now.
    Do you have both Carbide versions installed and running? Remember that the default workspace directory is the same for both of them (c:\Symbian\Carbide\Workspace), so they might decide overwriting files of each other.

Thank very match for reply mister wizard_hu_ ,

Do you have both Carbide versions installed and running?
    Yes i install Carbide v1.3 and Carbide v2.0 .

Remember that the default workspace directory is the same for both of them (c:\Symbian\Carbide\Workspace), so they might decide overwriting files of each other.
    Yes in Carbide v1.3 use default workspace directory(c:\Symbian\Carbide\Workspace) , but in Carbide v2.0 use workspace directory (C:\Symbian\CarbideNew\workspace).

I don't think that there's anything one can do without seeing your actual PC configuration. Try closing all the projects, then close Carbide and start it again from the command prompt by passing it the "-clean" parameter.
    -- Lucian

Thank very match for reply mister ltomuta,

Try closing all the projects, then close Carbide and start it again from the command prompt by passing it the "-clean" parameter.

How start Carbide from the command prompt?

if by open "configure environment for WINSCW command line",i open it but find this words "PATH already reflects tools; not modified.
    Press return to exit." and when wirte "-clean" and press "Enter" the command prompt exit wiht out open Carbide , and when open Carbide after that find no effect problem still !
    Last edited by kauk; 2009-04-01 at 00:10.

You start the program by going to the installation directory ("C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0") and from there executing "Carbide.c++.2.0.exe -clean" at a command prompt.
    -- Lucian

Thank very match for reply mister ltomuta,

I'm so sorry i tired you.

You start the program by going to the installation directory ("C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v2.0") and from there executing "Carbide.c++.2.0.exe -clean" at a command prompt.

I done it but problem still !!!