Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

RConnectionMonitor

Hello, first of all i didn't go so deep about using CommDb because i thought that RConnectionMonitor has everything about active data connections and so i used it to get the available access points for my device using GetPckAttribute and KNetworkNames and i was able to fetch the availabe WLAN access points .
    But as i go more deep the documentation seems more vauge because rconnmon.h only says that those are constants applicable for GetIntAttribute and those for GetStringAttribute and it doesn't explain the purpose of them i know that some names are self explanatory but others(the majority) aren't. I think they should spend a little more time documenting some classes. Anyway there are two constants that i don't know how they differ the access point name and tha iap name. And also i need to establish a connection to the internet through my operator's network (not the WLAN interface) as well as the signal strength of this access point .

Any explaination is appreciated as well as clearing any misunderstanding of mine.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: RConnectionMonitor

These are things you could simply try. Open a connection - even with an other application, like the browser -, then RConnectionMonitor::GetConnectionCount and RConnectionGetConnectionInfo one by one, then you will know the connectionId-s, so you can simply GetXyAttribute-s, and print/log them somewhere.

Hi! I'm using this topic because the title is equals.
    I have tryed to use the RConnectionMonitor Class for get the number of bytes used in my emulator's connection but I still can not. I'm using:
    monitor.GetConnectionCount(Count, aStatus);
    monitor.GetConnectionInfo( Count , aConnectionId , aSubconnectionCount );
    monitor.GetUintAttribute( Count , 0, KUplinkData, retorno, aStatus );

It is build normaly in the emulator, but when I show the KUplinkData, always is showed zero. What the possible problens for this?

For the first argument of GetXyAttribute you should use the "aConnectionId" you got from ConnectionInfo.

Hi! I rewrote my code and I retrieve zero in function for get the donwlink data. Remembering that I'm using the emulator and connect this to winsowk. I saw that when I go to menu->connectivity->conn. mgr->active data connections->winsock->options->details, it's always show the bytes send, received and total whith the zero value. Then my question is: it's possible to use GetXyAttribute when testing in the emulator?

Thank's for answer. Sorry my bad english!

Unhappy Re: RConnectionMonitor

Hi islamfunny,
    I have a question that regards the RConnectionMonitor Class.
    You said that you used the RConnection to list all the AP that your device can see with GetPckAttribute with KNetworkNames like attribute.
    My question is which costant did you used for aConnectionId? Could you please post the code that do the AP scanning?

Thanks in advance for your kindness!!!
    Best regards!

While waiting for Islamfunny, you may consider trying to search for RConnectionMonitor in the Wiki.