Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Regular Contributor

Screen Resolution of E90 is not correct on RDA

Dear Sir,
    I am checking my application on Forum Nokia's RDA site. I need to check the behavior of my application on E90 device, so i selected it. The emulator page opened but with different screen resolution(around 240*320 Pixels) and NOT as 800*352 Pixels . I want to check it on E90 with Screen Resolution 800*352 Pixels only. Can you please tell me what the problem is??

regards,
    Sameer Kamble

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Screen Resolution of E90 is not correct on RDA

E90 has two displays and you can currently see the small one, from the cover.
    Your application should work on that one too so use your reservation time to test it on that resolution as well.

When you want to test E90's main screen make sure to contact bloodredsky in advance to see if he can arrange this for you. See also http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=109835, there might be already references to E90 and its screens on that thread.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by sameerbkamble View Post
    Dear Sir,
    I am checking my application on Forum Nokia's RDA site. I need to check the behavior of my application on E90 device, so i selected it. The emulator page opened but with different screen resolution(around 240*320 Pixels) and NOT as 800*352 Pixels . I want to check it on E90 with Screen Resolution 800*352 Pixels only. Can you please tell me what the problem is??

regards,
    Sameer Kamble
    For E90 it is only possible to see either the cover display or the inner display at a time, depending on how we've set up the device locally. By default the device should always set so that the inner display is used, but I will check/fix this tomorrow morning when I'm back at the office again.

For some other dual-display devices, like N76, it would be possible to see both displays at the same time through RDA.

Regular Contributor

Hi,

For an app to be fitted well on the E90, will the display adjust itself according to the mode opened? There is no E90 as on date on the rda (was there almost 3 weeks back from today). Can an E90 be set up in both the modes on the rda to check the application display?
    Regards,
    Supriya Tenany

Have a look at the scalable UI section in the docs. The screen change is to be handled the same as orientation change. Once the change event received, get the screen size (client rect) and adapt your UI accordingly. I do not remember exactly but I believe that the E-series SDK plug-in for S60 3.1 does provide emulation support for E90.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

There are currently 2 x E90s in RDA, one set to use the 800x352 resolution inner display, and one set to use the 240x320 resolution cover display. For this particular device model both screen modes can't be used on the same device in RDA as changing from one display to another would require that the device keyboard is physically opened/closed.

this is a quite old thread, but just in case someone is searching it for answers: nowadays there is actually a button to change between the cover display and inner display in E90 skin. this was fixed some months ago.