Discussion Board

Thread: GSM Filtering

GSM Filtering

Hello Readers,

I'd like to create a filter driver to all GSM (SMS, CALL, G3) communication transfers.
    From what I've seen it is the layer under the Etel (RtelServer) which controls the TSY components.
    Can anyone instruct me on how can I create a lower filter driver (Between the TSY and the Hardware) that receives all the outputs of the TSY components?
    If you have knowledge of how making an upper filter driver (between the ETel and the TSY) it will also help me.
    A mapping of "TSY component" to it's responsibility would also be nice (like sms.tsy -> sms)

Thanks in advance.

Mike Pauller

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: GSM Filtering

You can not build TSY:s with public SDKs, thus you should first get symbian BAK (or wait for the open source sources), Anyway, what kind of filtering you would want to do ?

if it is simple white/black list incoming/outgoing preventing, you could try doing it with normal ublic SDK, by just monitoring calls and the hanging them up.

Hello Yucca,
    first of all I'm sorry for posting more than once, It's my first time posting in these forums, so I didn't know which one I should use (won't happen again).

I want to log everything that passes between the TSY and the GSM Hardware (for 3G, calls and SMS).

If you can help me with the upper layer (between the ETel and the TSY) it could also be nice (wich I also want to do logging).

Thanks Mike.

Then you should look into APIs that are in the Symbian BAK, or could indeed be that the stuff that you need is not there, incase it goes in the area of manufacturers adaption layer.

Anyway, I think the best approach would propably be to open a technical support case, so somebody internal could look into the possible APIs, and then instruct you on how you could possible get access to the APIs.

Thanks for the quick response,
    I didn't understand where should I publish my post,
    Is there a Symbian/Nokia telephony low level forum where I can ask these kind of questions?

Thanks again,
    Mike.

What I suggested, was the paid tachnical support: http://www.forum.nokia.com/I_Want_To...nical_Support/