Discussion Board

[moved] Block the incoming calls

Hi,

I am working on one application which needs to block call (both outgoing and incoming)from the number specified in the application without any notification to the user. Is it feasible in the 3rd edition or not. I am not sure if symbian has provided any public API, coz functionality has been restricted on 3rd edition as Voice interjection is not supported.

Please do let me know if its feasible on symbian 3rd edition or pointer to same.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Block the incoming calls

it is possible, but most likely there will be some visible things the user can see. For incoming outgoing call detection, you could check wiki examples for CTelephony.

API plug-in package has some additional APIs that can be used for hanging up the call.

Re: [moved] Block the incoming calls

Quote Originally Posted by PopAndDestroy View Post
    Hi,

I am working on one application which needs to block call (both outgoing and incoming)from the number specified in the application without any notification to the user. Is it feasible in the 3rd edition or not. I am not sure if symbian has provided any public API, coz functionality has been restricted on 3rd edition as Voice interjection is not supported.

Please do let me know if its feasible on symbian 3rd edition or pointer to same.
    AS yukka is saying it is feasible in 3rd edition. As i know you would find problem in HangUp(). So first of all try to find some CTelephony examples and implement them.

Regards,
    Sumit

Regular Contributor

i will use AT commands for blocking call yukka sir, it is more convinient. isn't it ?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Not really convenient, and requires rather high capabilities, anyway here's example: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...T_Commands.zip

anyway, with it you could get bet compatibility..

Regular Contributor

btw, Yukka sir you have made fake sms application. I want to make a similar one. I am trying to make it but have some problem in other post. kiran sir and sunil sir are helping. I have done exactly as kiran sir has said, but only one error is coming can you please see that post, it is next one only, and guide me please sir - i would really appreciate your time sir.