Discussion Board

Exclamation S40 Service API for Content Upload

Hi there!

Currently I'm working for creating Content Upload Server in our application. And I got a problem with dynamically registration Upload Servers.

I made registration through PushRegistry.registerConnection() and then through Nokia Private API. It works. But after restarting device we lost all entry in content uploads. Does any body knows how we can register Upload Server witch can be restored by device after restarting. Because right now only way for restoring - run application again.

Regards,

Super Contributor

Thumbs up Re: S40 Service API for Content Upload

Quote Originally Posted by Redwid View Post
    Hi there!

Currently I'm working for creating Content Upload Server in our application. And I got a problem with dynamically registration Upload Servers.

I made registration through PushRegistry.registerConnection() and then through Nokia Private API. It works. But after restarting device we lost all entry in content uploads. Does any body knows how we can register Upload Server witch can be restored by device after restarting. Because right now only way for restoring - run application again.

Regards,
    clarify ur problem.. Data losts where? At server or at ur end ? Did u use RMS ? Ur question is quite ambiguous. Please make it quite simple with explanation of ur process.
    thanks,
    jitu_goldie..

KEEP TRYING..

Re: S40 Service API for Content Upload

Quote Originally Posted by jitu_goldie View Post
    clarify ur problem.. Data losts where? At server or at ur end ? Did u use RMS ? Ur question is quite ambiguous. Please make it quite simple with explanation of ur process.
    We don't lost data. We lost entry in "upload to" menu (from gallery or camera). This service like jsr211.

Small description:
    After users take a picture, they can upload the picture to their web account by select MSK [Send] or by
    select [Options] -> Send option. A list of installed Upload servers can be accessed through the “Web
    upload” menu entry. Selecting any one of those installed servers should allow the user to access the
    upload server’s site to upload the picture.

From the phone Gallery, users can select one or more files and can choose the “Send” or “Send
    Marked” option to upload file(s) to an installed Upload service provider’s site. To successfully upload
    the file, the selected Upload server must be able to support the uploading file type.

Super Contributor

We don't lost data. We lost entry in "upload to" menu (from gallery or camera). This service like jsr211.

Small description:
    Please make me clear for these bold lines.
    thanks,
    jitu_goldie..

KEEP TRYING..

Re: S40 Service API for Content Upload

Ok, let's me explain.
    We can registry our application to auto invocation. Just add entry in menu. See image below:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2...oadservice.png

So after registration we have links in menu: "Upload Service 1", "Upload Service 2", "Upload Service 3", "Upload Service 4" and "Upload Service 5".
    And user can launch our application through this links. But ... if user restart phone we lost this links ("Upload Service 1" ... "Upload Service 5").

Something like this :-)

Super Contributor

Hi Redwid,
    Im extremely sorry to say this still i have some confusion. Please will u make me clear?
    Can u tell me that what are these"Upload Service 1", "Upload Service 2".. and to whom they refer? Are they some links refer to some URL? From where u got these links i mean are they static? Please can u explain me the whole process.
    thanks,
    jitu_goldie..

KEEP TRYING..

Sounds like the API which Ovi’s Share uses to be in the ‘Web uploads’ and ‘Upload to web’ menus introduced with recent Series 40 mobile phones.
    I made registration through PushRegistry.registerConnection() and then through Nokia Private API.
    This discussion boards are a public community. For private APIs you should ask your Nokia contact who granted access for technical support.