Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

qtmain.lib not found

Hi,

I followed the youtube video and also this forum, but my simple helloworld app still gives this problem

Creation Time Description Resource Path Location Type
    1238430976663 Specified file '\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\release\WINSCW\udeb\qtmain.lib' not found HelloWorldQt Unknown C/C++ Problem

Yes, qtmain.lib is not there in that location. I ran qtlibs-4.5.0-garden.exe from
    C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1. What else is needed to get these libraries ?

thanks
    mohan

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: qtmain.lib not found

Hi,

Have you follow the all step given in the installation guide given with Qt-garden4.5? It might be possible that you forget some installation step.
    Jajal Mehul

Hi,

Yes. The step 5 where you install the qtlibs-4.5.0-garden.exe file, i assume you copy and execute the file. The insructions are not clear as to whether this is needed for the simulator build ? The next step, I try to make debug-wincsw, i can see messages like "Dependency list may be incomplete". Not sure that it is a problem. Would it not be easier if this whole process is automated ?

-mohan

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi,
    5th step in the installation guide says that
    5. Build Qt

The Qt libraries comes pre-built for real devices.
    If you are using a 3.x S60 SDK, install qts60binaries\3.x\qtlibs-4.5.0-garden.exe
    into the S60 SDK root directory. For example: C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\
    If you are using a 5.0 S60 SDK, install qts60binaries\5.0\qtlibs-4.5.0-garden.exe
    into the S60 SDK root directory. For example: C:\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v0.9\
    The exe file is nothing but its a kind of a self extrator file which you have to extract to the root directory of your SDK means the directory which contains the epoc32 folder.

This is require for the emulator build. than you can use the make debug-winscw command.

Regards
    Jajal Mehul

Hi,

I did do that. Where does qtmain.lib come from ? Does it come from this extraction ?

-mohan

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mparthas View Post
    Hi,

I did do that. Where does qtmain.lib come from ? Does it come from this extraction ?

-mohan
    I am not sure but it may be generated during the configure or during the next command make debug-winscw.

Regards
    Jajal Mehul

Hi,

Does make debug-winscw give errors like "Dependencies may be Incomplete" ? Though the make goes through, I don't know whether it is successful..

-mohan

Nokia Developer Champion

When i install ,no such error message was there. I think you should try to reinstal all includeing sdk.

Hope it works for you.
    Jajal Mehul

Ok, I started fresh. After configure step in the INSTALL, I am doing make debug-winscw, I get these errors

kernel\qsound.h:0: Warning: No relevant classes found. No output generated.
    kernel\qsound_p.h:0: Warning: No relevant classes found. No output generated.
    widgets\qmenudata.h:0: Warning: No relevant classes found. No output generated.
    dialogs\qabstractprintdialog.h:0: Warning: No relevant classes found. No output
    generated.
    dialogs\qabstractpagesetupdialog.h:0: Warning: No relevant classes found. No out
    put generated.
    dialogs\qpagesetupdialog.h:0: Warning: No relevant classes found. No output gene
    rated.
    dialogs\qprintdialog.h:0: Warning: No relevant classes found. No output generate
    d.
    util\qsystemtrayicon.h:0: Warning: No relevant classes found. No output generate
    d.
    dialogs\qprintpreviewdialog.h:0: Warning: No relevant classes found. No output g
    enerated.
    dialogs\qprintpreviewdialog.cpp:0: Warning: No relevant classes found. No output
    generated.
    widgets\qprintpreviewwidget.h:0: Warning: No relevant classes found. No output g
    enerated.
    widgets\qprintpreviewwidget.cpp:0: Warning: No relevant classes found. No output
    generated.
    perl -S makmake.pl -D \qt\4.5.0-garden\src\gui\GUI_0X2001B2DD WINSCW
    WARNING: Frozen .def file \qt\4.5.0-garden\src\bwins\QtGuiu.def not found - proj
    ect not frozen

And many such errors, but then the compulation seems to be proceeding with some errors and some no errors. What does the above errors mean ?

-mohan

And finally these errors

C:\qt\4.5.0-garden\examples\xml\saxbookmarks\jenniferf.xbel -> C:\S60\devices\S6
    0_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1_2\epoc32\winscw\c\data\qt\saxbookmarks\jenniferf.xbel
    1 File(s) copied
    Invalid path
    0 File(s) copied
    Invalid path
    0 File(s) copied
    Invalid path
    0 File(s) copied
    Invalid path
    0 File(s) copied

Though a lot of files have been copied, the whole process of make debug-winscw resulted in errors. I am not sure how I could be making mistakes in following the simple instructions. Does this installation supposed to go through without any errors ? Now I am extracting the qtlibs-4.5.0-garden.exe in the s60 directory.

-mohan

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mparthas View Post
    And finally these errors

C:\qt\4.5.0-garden\examples\xml\saxbookmarks\jenniferf.xbel -> C:\S60\devices\S6
    0_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1_2\epoc32\winscw\c\data\qt\saxbookmarks\jenniferf.xbel
    1 File(s) copied
    Invalid path
    0 File(s) copied
    Invalid path
    0 File(s) copied
    Invalid path
    0 File(s) copied
    Invalid path
    0 File(s) copied

Though a lot of files have been copied, the whole process of make debug-winscw resulted in errors. I am not sure how I could be making mistakes in following the simple instructions. Does this installation supposed to go through without any errors ? Now I am extracting the qtlibs-4.5.0-garden.exe in the s60 directory.

-mohan
    Hi Mohan,
    It is required that all that instruction runs without any error. Have check your path variable?
    Jajal Mehul

Post Re: qtmain.lib not found

hi mohan
    i have faced many problem while installing and configuring QT but this one is somewhat strange to me.

whatever ,first you check all the enviroment variable paths.And if possible make instllation of all (like perl,JDK etc) in one drive.

Before running the configure command make sure that you have set the variable path for QT (example:c:\qt-garden\bin).

variable path sounds somewhat odd but its important so please ensure the correctness of all the path.

Regards

Hi people,
    This is EXACTLY what is happening to me !! (see the thread nearby ...)

When I used S60 3rd MR I couldn't solve it, and after awhile I found somewhere that S60 3rd FP1 is THE LASTEST release that supports QT. Then I started with S60 3rd FP1 and all the problems remained. I've partialy solved the problem by setting the variable INCLUDE to C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\include but still have sometimes those errors "No relevant classes found. No output generated". In Carbide c++ are visible target configurations armv and gcce, both release and debug, but NO WINSCW. It seems that libraries made for winscw go to wrong place or something.

Any ideas?

Ljubomir

Hi
    I have the same problem.after configuring qt, and when i run "make debug-winscw" it gives some errors like "Dependencies may be Incomplete". and in the carbide++ in creating new project template there is no emulator debug template. please help me
    Moj.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by taktaz1388 View Post
    I have the same problem.after configuring qt, and when i run "make debug-winscw" it gives some errors like "Dependencies may be Incomplete". and in the carbide++ in creating new project template there is no emulator debug template.
    Before configuring Qt, Set your default device to one for which you want to develop project, otherwise binaries goes to the epoc32 of default device.

http://pepper.troll.no/s60prerelease...stall-s60.html