Discussion Board

Question Carbide.c++ 2.0 UI Designer, Edit Image Property Problem

Finally took my chance and upgraded to a Pro version (cheers Nokia :-) of Carbide.c++ 2.0. I've been building S60 UI for years with "hand-made" code and ofcourse tried out the nice looking UI Designer to add a listbox to my app.

I have my icon makefile under \group folder of the project as it should. The icons (svg) get processed by the mifconv and the application .mif appears in the \resource\apps folder.

Now, I have my view with listbox items laid out nicely. The editor kindly warns me: "An image must be set on item <itemname> to avoid run-time EIKCTL 42 panic". But when I try to set an image for the item by invoking the "Edit Image Property" dialog via "Appearance" -> "Image" I just not seem to be able to do it no matter what I try.

I've entered every possible path combination to the "Multi-Image File" edit field (starting from the most obvious \resource\apps\myapp.mif) but nothing seems to be accepted -> thus I can't set anything to "Image" and "Mask" edit boxes...

On the contrary I can easily view the contents of my project's built .mif file by selecting "Edit MBM/MIF" in the "Project Explorer" window - why this file is not recognised to be a part my project on the UI Designer side?

Hmm, erm... I must be missing something very simple here - it can't be this hard?

Thanks for the tips!

Re: Carbide.c++ 2.0 UI Designer, Edit Image Property Problem

Still puzzled by this. UI Designer stubbornly complains that "no image file is being built to the project". I disagree. I can see from the console that the icon .mk -file gets processed and .mif and .mbg files are built and placed to correct directories.

Any other (undocumented) setting, configuration file etc. I should be aware of?

-Ari

Regular Contributor

Wink Re: Carbide.c++ 2.0 UI Designer, Edit Image Property Problem

Quote Originally Posted by arijr View Post
    Finally took my chance and upgraded to a Pro version (cheers Nokia :-) of Carbide.c++ 2.0. I've been building S60 UI for years with "hand-made" code and ofcourse tried out the nice looking UI Designer to add a listbox to my app.

I have my icon makefile under \group folder of the project as it should. The icons (svg) get processed by the mifconv and the application .mif appears in the \resource\apps folder.

Now, I have my view with listbox items laid out nicely. The editor kindly warns me: "An image must be set on item <itemname> to avoid run-time EIKCTL 42 panic". But when I try to set an image for the item by invoking the "Edit Image Property" dialog via "Appearance" -> "Image" I just not seem to be able to do it no matter what I try.

I've entered every possible path combination to the "Multi-Image File" edit field (starting from the most obvious \resource\apps\myapp.mif) but nothing seems to be accepted -> thus I can't set anything to "Image" and "Mask" edit boxes...

On the contrary I can easily view the contents of my project's built .mif file by selecting "Edit MBM/MIF" in the "Project Explorer" window - why this file is not recognised to be a part my project on the UI Designer side?

Hmm, erm... I must be missing something very simple here - it can't be this hard?

Thanks for the tips!
    I have the same problem, please help me, thanx Petr