Discussion Board

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: [Announce] pygame for S60 for PyS60 1.9.x

Hello,

I am trying to execute pygame programme in my pyS60 emulator,but I got the error as nomodule named as pygame ,how can i rectify this problem.
    please help me in this issue.

Regular Contributor

You have built pygame? It doesn't come with PyS60. SDK for simulator is in my TODO list though.

Get pygame sources: svn co svn://seul.org/svn/pygame/trunk pygame

See 'how_to_build.txt' in 'src\symbian' folder.

Hello GameDude,

Thankyou for u r reply.
    I want to clear my doubt ,Is it posible to execute pygame programs in pyS60 sdk nokia emulator .If it possible where can i get the pygame source files related to that pyS60 nokia emulator.And also I have small doubt can i execute same pygame program in nokia mobiles.
    Please rectify this problem.
    Last edited by CherryM; 2009-09-14 at 06:45.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by CherryM View Post
    I want to clear my doubt ,Is it posible to execute pygame programs in pyS60 sdk nokia emulator.
    Sure. As I said, you have to build it first.

If it possible where can i get the pygame source files related to that pyS60 nokia emulator.
    Maybe I was unclear... from pygame SVN repository. See http://www.pygame.org/wiki/cvs

And also I have small doubt can i execute same pygame program in nokia mobiles.
    Of course you can. If it was impossible, it would be meaningless to have pygame for Symbian in the first place. Sure, there are differences between emulator and a real device. And there are differences between devices as well. Expect problems with different screen sizes and available memory at least.

I recommend you to forget the emulator, and develop on the phone instead. What is the reason you need to get it running on the emulator? For most of the time, you can use normal PC installation of pygame for development.

Get the pygame 1.9.0 installer for phone here.

Hi! I downloaded and installed the sis file on my Nokia N95, but for some reason when I try to execute any scrip I get the "no module named pygame". What am I missing?

Hello GameDude,

Thank u for u r wonderfull suggestions, when i neglected the emulator and done in mobile ,when i tried this at the first time it self i got excellent result.
    Once again Thankyou.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by anechini View Post
    Hi! I downloaded and installed the sis file on my Nokia N95, but for some reason when I try to execute any scrip I get the "no module named pygame". What am I missing?
    I suppose you tried to use the PyS60's Script Shell. It doesn't work. At least yet. There should be a pygame icon in your application's list, which launches pygame's own launcher. Use that instead. Copy your .py files to \data\pygame\apps folder. The launcher script file is also located under \data\pygame, so that you can replace the launcher with your own version to speed up development.

Quote Originally Posted by anechini
    Thank u for u r wonderfull suggestions, when i neglected the emulator and done in mobile ,when i tried this at the first time it self i got excellent result.
    Once again Thankyou.
    Glad I could help

Hi GameDude! Thanks for wonderful port of the wonderful pygame library. I have a question. It's really, there is no way to execute a script from scriptshell, with imported pygame library? I just want to write a standalone application.

PS: sorry for my english.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by werton_82 View Post
    It's really, there is no way to execute a script from scriptshell, with imported pygame library?
    Nope unfortunately. The SDL used by pygame requires some native initialization before it can be used and the standard script shell does not do that.

I just want to write a standalone application.
    Not possible without building the pygame from scratch at the moment I'm afraid. I'm planning to create a library to be used with ensymble, but haven't really looked into that yet.

hey GameDude, any news? is it still impossible to create a standalone application using pygame?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by arthursr View Post
    hey GameDude, any news? is it still impossible to create a standalone application using pygame?
    Impossible, no, but you'll have to grab the pygame sources and build it from scratch and modify the build scripts to suit your needs. I haven't had the time to improve pygame lately.

Hi!
    Is PyGame for Symbian project active now?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by R.Ll.S.h57 View Post
    Hi!
    Is PyGame for Symbian project active now?
    Nope Haven't been for a while and won't be active due to recent strategy changes by Nokia. At least from my part.