Discussion Board

publishing to Ovi: Webinar on April 9th

publishing to Ovi: Reach millions of Nokia users

Starting in May, developers will be able to reach tens of millions of Nokia users worldwide through the new Ovi Store. But if you want consumers to discover and download your applications, you will need to publish them to Ovi first. In this one hour webinar, Forum Nokia's Bill Perry will cover the requirements for a developer to become a publisher for Ovi; review the steps for uploading content to the intake system; and answer questions about the publishing to Ovi process. Attendees will also learn how to promote their content and applications, elevate their brand, and drive more downloads with premium placement in the Ovi Store.

To register, please visit http://www.forum.nokia.com/Events/We....xhtml#Webinar

If you have any issues with the above link, visit www.forum.nokia.com and then select "Events, training and contests".

Cheers.

Hung
    Last edited by hungster10; 2009-04-06 at 03:46.

Super Contributor

Thumbs up Re: publishing to Ovi: Webinar on April 9th

Hi,
    Just come off the Webinar. I want to thank Bill and the Ovi Team for an excellent presentation and an extremely informative Q&A.

Many of the questions asked in this discussion group have been brought up in the webinar and some answers were given.

Mosh is closing beginning May 2009, so take of any content you need as this will redirect to Ovi.

The most important technical fact is that the Ovi store will deliver with DRM Forward locking version 1.0. So developers should read up on DRM to benefit

Watch the DRM Webinar
    Quote:-
    The three main problems facing any Flash Lite developer - have now been addressed. In this webinar Stephen Ellis and Riku Salminen presented exciting opportunities that can help open the door to 350 million Nokia devices that have Flash Lite already installed. They discussed the revenue and discovery model, showcased a new online packager and looked at technical issues surrounding signing and DRM. Watch the recordings to start making money using your Flash Skills - combined with Nokia platforms!
    at http://forumnokia.emea.acrobat.com/p25715907/

Wiki Pages on DRM

see http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/OMA_DRM

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...M_v1.0_content

The Webinar will be posted soon with answer to Q & A soon. For all those who missed this http://www.forum.nokia.com/Events/We....xhtml#Webinar.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Last edited by jimgilmour1; 2009-04-09 at 15:38. Reason: add webinar link

Re: publishing to Ovi: Webinar on April 9th

Hi,
    I would have liked to watch this webinar but was unavailable, when will this webinar be available to watch in the recorded webinar sections,
    Thanks,
    John.

Regular Contributor

Hi,
    I also missed the webinar and tried to learn about DRM Forward-Lock but did not really "get it".
    In the examples there is shown how to do this for JPG files and Flash-Lite apps.

How is this done for SIS files?

Where can I read more information on "What are the steps needed from A to Z once I have a signed SIS file that I want to upload to the Ovi store" (I have a Publisher ID at OVI)

Thanks!

Super Contributor

Thumbs up Re: publishing to Ovi: Webinar on April 9th

Hi,

Well webinar is avaiable!.Just noticed that the EMEA Ovi Conference is Recording is published.
    see

Publish to Ovi Webinar 9th April 2009 EMEA

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Futher useful information

There is lots of useful information on DRM in the webinar Packaging, DRM, and Distributing Flash Lite Content 2009-3-18

The webinar Flash on Nokia 5th Edition S60 Platform Services — Reaching Further with Flash on Nokia 2009-1-28
    This webinar looks at the new S60 5th Edition Platform Services and how Flash developers can make use of them. Nokia gives an overview of the opportunities on offer and the techniques for accessing location, sensor, calendar, contacts, and other functionality in your Flash and web applications. The webinar also offers some practical examples of how you can use S60 Platform Services to extend what Flash Lite can do on Nokia platforms.
    So lots to listen to then!

Good Luck

Jim

Where can I find the answers to the Q&A section of the webinar?? It was said that they would be published as well?