×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    193

    soft keys code available at mobile phone or not?

    Hi All,
    I found there is no keyPressed() event on two more keys, they are:

    left soft button (usually `'options' ), and right soft button (press it for
    'back' when we got a phone call )

    I can found the response values are -6 and -7 in WTK simulator respectly.

    public static int iKEY_SOFT1 = -6;
    public static int iKEY_SOFT2 = -7;


    but in real phone test, it not work.

    phone problem or j2me problem?

    Thank you very much.

    Can we solve it?

    Best regards,

  2. #2
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Capital of INDIA
    Posts
    4,328

    Re: soft keys code available at mobile phone or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackofall View Post
    Hi All,
    I found there is no keyPressed() event on two more keys, they are:

    left soft button (usually `'options' ), and right soft button (press it for
    'back' when we got a phone call )

    I can found the response values are -6 and -7 in WTK simulator respectly.

    public static int iKEY_SOFT1 = -6;
    public static int iKEY_SOFT2 = -7;


    but in real phone test, it not work.

    phone problem or j2me problem?

    Thank you very much.

    Can we solve it?

    Best regards,
    Hey jackofall,
    on which device you are working with?
    Thanks with Regards,

    R a j - The K e r n e l


    Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

  3. #3
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Amravati, India
    Posts
    546

    Re: soft keys code available at mobile phone or not?

    Only in "Full screen Canvas" soft keys events are generated. Make sure you are using Canvas in full screen mode.

  4. #4
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    193

    Re: soft keys code available at mobile phone or not?

    hi,
    i am using nokia n95 and e71.
    please tell me how can i test that my canvas is in full mode.
    And where i can put this method setFullScreenMode(true).
    thanks
    Last edited by jackofall; 2009-04-07 at 06:32. Reason: searching give some results

  5. #5
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    193

    Re: soft keys code available at mobile phone or not?

    where should i call my setFullScreenMode(true) method to use in canvas and i want to use soft keys for my menu.?

  6. #6
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Capital of INDIA
    Posts
    4,328

    Thumbs up Re: soft keys code available at mobile phone or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackofall View Post
    where should i call my setFullScreenMode(true) method to use in canvas and i want to use soft keys for my menu.?
    in the constructor of the canvas...
    you can write this before you call getWidth and getHeight.
    Thanks with Regards,

    R a j - The K e r n e l


    Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

  7. #7
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    193

    Re: soft keys code available at mobile phone or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by raj_J2ME View Post
    in the constructor of the canvas...
    you can write this before you call getWidth and getHeight.
    Thanks for your help Champion!
    Cheers

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 2009-05-11, 05:53
  2. Mobile Podcasting - will it happen?
    By mobile monte in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-09-22, 23:45
  3. Nokia Mobile VPN Client
    By marcyl in forum Symbian Networking & Messaging (Closed)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2003-12-01, 14:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×