Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SipRtpEx example

Hi,

I'm trying to install (and test) SipRtpEx example on E71 phone (S60 3rd FP1) but I'm not able to do it and get this error message: "Unable to install".

I'm using Carbide 2.0 and I installed the Rtp_RTCPAPI plugin on S60 3rd FP1 sdk. I have imported the project and compiled and link was OK. The only thing I changed (to be able to sign) it was UID application and also the UID for the other "dll": appengine, rtpengine, sipengine and resolverplugin.

Does anybody load and run this example on a phone (S60 3rd FP1)?

Thanks,
    George.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: SipRtpEx example

According to http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=164168 the example does not have a PKG file therefore the one you have used must be your own creation. If you want help in removing the "unable to install" problem you will have to post this PKG file here, for us to review it.

Better yet, post it on the Symbian Installer, Certification and Security forum.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Hi,

here is my pkg file content:

; SipRtpEx.pkg
    ; This is an auto-generated PKG file by Carbide.
    ; This file uses variables specific to Carbide builds that will not work
    ; on command-line builds. If you want to use this generated PKG file from the
    ; command-line tools you will need to modify the variables with the appropriate
    ; values: $(EPOCROOT), $(PLATFORM), $(TARGET)
    ; Also, the resource file entries should be changed to match the language
    ; used in the build. For example, if building for LANGUAGE_01, change the file
    ; extensions .rsc to .r01.
    ;
    ;Language - standard language definitions
    &EN

; standard SIS file header
    ;#{"SipRtpEx"},(0xA00002D6),1,0,0
    #{"SipRtpEx"},(0xEF0912C3),1,0,0

;Localised Vendor name
    %{"Vendor-EN"}

;Unique Vendor name
    :"Vendor"

;Supports Series 60 v 3.0
    [0x101F7961], 0, 0, 0, {"Series60ProductID"}

;Files to install
    ;You should change the source paths to match that of your environment
    ;<source> <destination>
    "C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\Epoc32\release\gcce\udeb\siprtpex.exe" - "!:\sys\bin\siprtpex.exe"
    "C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\siprtpex.rsc" -"!:\resource\apps\siprtpex.rsc"
    "C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\siprtpex_loc.rsc" -"!:\resource\apps\siprtpex_loc.rsc"
    "C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\data\z\private\10003a3f\import\apps\siprtpex_reg.rsc" -"!:\private\10003a3f\import\apps\siprtpex_reg.rsc"

"C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\release\gcce\UDEB\siprtpexappengine.dll" -"!:\sys\bin\siprtpexappengine.dll"
    "C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\release\gcce\UDEB\siprtpexrtpengine.dll" -"!:\sys\bin\siprtpexrtpengine.dll"
    "C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\release\gcce\UDEB\siprtpexsipengine.dll" -"!:\sys\bin\siprtpexsipengine.dll"

"C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\release\gcce\UDEB\siprtpexresolverplugin.dll" -"!:\sys\bin\siprtpexresolverplugin.dll"
    "C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\data\z\resource\plugins\siprtpexresolverplugin.rsc" -"!:\resource\plugins\siprtpexresolverplugin.rsc"

;required for application to be covered by backup/restore facility
    "backup_registration.xml" -"!:\private\A00001EB\backup_registration.xml"

Backup Registration file content:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?>
    - <backup_registration>
    <system_backup />
    <restore requires_reboot="no" />
    </backup_registration>

Thanks,
    George.

Quote Originally Posted by george0095 View Post
    Hi,

here is my pkg file content:

Code:
    ; SipRtpEx.pkg
    ; This is an auto-generated PKG file by Carbide.
    ; This file uses variables specific to Carbide builds that will not work
    ; on command-line builds. If you want to use this generated PKG file from the
    ; command-line tools you will need to modify the variables with the appropriate
    ; values: $(EPOCROOT), $(PLATFORM), $(TARGET)
    ; Also, the resource file entries should be changed to match the language
    ; used in the build. For example, if building for LANGUAGE_01, change the file
    ; extensions .rsc to .r01.
    ;
    ;Language - standard language definitions
    &EN

; standard SIS file header
    ;#{"SipRtpEx"},(0xA00002D6),1,0,0
    #{"SipRtpEx"},(0xEF0912C3),1,0,0

;Localised Vendor name
    %{"Vendor-EN"}

;Unique Vendor name
    :"Vendor"

;Supports Series 60 v 3.0
    [0x101F7961], 0, 0, 0, {"Series60ProductID"}

;Files to install
    ;You should change the source paths to match that of your environment
    ;<source> <destination>
    "C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\Epoc32\release\gcce\udeb\siprtpex.exe" 			- "!:\sys\bin\siprtpex.exe"
    "C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\siprtpex.rsc" 			-"!:\resource\apps\siprtpex.rsc"
    "C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\siprtpex_loc.rsc" 		-"!:\resource\apps\siprtpex_loc.rsc"
    "C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\data\z\private\10003a3f\import\apps\siprtpex_reg.rsc"	-"!:\private\10003a3f\import\apps\siprtpex_reg.rsc"

"C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\release\gcce\UDEB\siprtpexappengine.dll"		-"!:\sys\bin\siprtpexappengine.dll"
    "C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\release\gcce\UDEB\siprtpexrtpengine.dll"		-"!:\sys\bin\siprtpexrtpengine.dll"
    "C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\release\gcce\UDEB\siprtpexsipengine.dll"		-"!:\sys\bin\siprtpexsipengine.dll"

"C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\release\gcce\UDEB\siprtpexresolverplugin.dll"		-"!:\sys\bin\siprtpexresolverplugin.dll"
    "C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\data\z\resource\plugins\siprtpexresolverplugin.rsc"    -"!:\resource\plugins\siprtpexresolverplugin.rsc"

;required for application to be covered by backup/restore facility 
    "backup_registration.xml"						-"!:\private\A00001EB\backup_registration.xml"
    Backup Registration file content:

Code:
      <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?> 
    - <backup_registration>
      <system_backup /> 
      <restore requires_reboot="no" /> 
      </backup_registration>
    Thanks,
    George.
    You have to change the datacage directory as well to reflect the new UID3/SID of your project. Other than that, at a quick look, all seems to be OK so this might indeed be the only fix you need.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Hi,

thanks for the correction.
    First I changed as you suggested the "datacage directory" to the application UID = 0xEF0912C3 and tried again. I got the same error.

At the end I decided to comments the line "backup_registration.xml", because the application coverage by backup/restore facility it's optional. This time I could download the application (SipRtpEx).

After starting I have on the 1st view 3 options:
    Unregistered

Terminated

Stopped

and on navigation pan 2 tabs Session and Log.
    In the menu options I have 2 menu items: Enable profile & Exit.

I expected to be able to enter SIP server coordinates or to some settings to start but I can not do anything. The only documentation which comes with the ZIP file it's a class structural diagram.

How is supposed to work this example?

Thanks,
    George.

This statement should work if indeed 0xEF0912C3 is your UID3/SID
    Code:
    "backup_registration.xml"-"!:\private\EF0912C3\backup_registration.xml"
    The example, marked as deprecated btw, was presented in a VoIP focused developer event and I suggest watching that video in order to understand the context in which this application is seen useful. See http://www.forum.nokia.com/Resources...elopment.xhtml
    -- Lucian

Hi Lucian,

I looked today the Web seminar as you suggested but there is no indication how to used it. Timo Kotonen, not sure about the name has presented the application structure (which cames with SipRtpEx zip file) and some detail about the code implementation on RTP session and the video is ending without a summary or a final word.

The web link is:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/Resources...IPRTP_STT.html

Is there another dcoumentation which explains how to set-up and use it?

Best regards,
    George.

Hi George,

that workshop was long time ago, I don't remember much about it. The video is the only clue I had about the example, which was in fact published just as an add-on to that workshop's materials and was not produced by Forum Nokia as one of our typical examples.
    -- Lucian

Hi.
    I have a problem. I installed siprtpex on E75 and it work fine. but when I add MultimediaDD to siprtpexappengine.mmp then it not work on e75, nothink happend when I try to execute it.

It is very seldom that nothing happens. Do you have the Extended panic code trick enabled? I expect you should see something like "Unable to execute for security reasons (-46)" which suggests that one of the libraries your project uses cannot be trusted to execute code under the MultimediaDD capability (i.e. the DLL does not have this capability)
    -- Lucian

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    It is very seldom that nothing happens. Do you have the Extended panic code trick enabled? I expect you should see something like "Unable to execute for security reasons (-46)" which suggests that one of the libraries your project uses cannot be trusted to execute code under the MultimediaDD capability (i.e. the DLL does not have this capability)
    Thanks for you replay
    At first, how can I enable "Extended panic code trick" on E75?
    This is siprtpexappengine.mmp as you know and I just add MultimediaDD capability.

TARGET siprtpexappengine.dll
    TARGETTYPE DLL
    UID 0x1000008d 0xA00002D7

SOURCEPATH ..\src
    SOURCE siprtpexappenginedll.cpp
    SOURCE siprtpexappengine.cpp
    SOURCE siprtpexstate.cpp
    SOURCE siprtpexstateidle.cpp
    SOURCE siprtpexstateregistering.cpp
    SOURCE siprtpexstateacceptingsip.cpp
    SOURCE siprtpexstateestablished.cpp
    SOURCE siprtpexstateinviting.cpp
    SOURCE siprtpexstateregistered.cpp
    SOURCE siprtpexdatagenerator.cpp

USERINCLUDE ..\inc
    USERINCLUDE ..\..\sipengine\inc
    USERINCLUDE ..\..\rtpengine\inc

SYSTEMINCLUDE \epoc32\include

LIBRARY euser.lib
    LIBRARY insock.lib
    LIBRARY esock.lib
    LIBRARY siprtpexsipengine.lib
    LIBRARY siprtpexrtpengine.lib

VENDORID 0

CAPABILITY NetworkServices LocalServices Location ReadUserData \
    WriteUserData WriteDeviceData SwEvent ProtServ MultimediaDD

So which one of libraries cann't trusted to MultimediaDD capability?

How can I solve the problem? anyone can help me?

Super Contributor

Hi,
    I think previous post meant probably about emulator (Extended panic code trick in preferences of emulator).
    Since you are trying in HW you can print debug message and then you can see what was the last statement was executed.

Quote Originally Posted by mahbub_s60 View Post
    Hi,
    I think previous post meant probably about emulator (Extended panic code trick in preferences of emulator).
    Since you are trying in HW you can print debug message and then you can see what was the last statement was executed.
    Hi,
    Thanks for replay.
    When I add MultimediaDD capability, it is work in emulator and there is no error but when I try to execute in HW (E75) nothing happend.

Super Contributor

Hi,

Good at least some progress. Now it looks that there is a leave (throwing exception) in your code that we need to catch. Best way you can do ondevice debug (TRK) or use file logger.

See this thread http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=196720 if you want to use file logger.