Discussion Board

Connect to WAP Access Point

Hi,

I have to create an application which opens a TCP socket on the user's default WAP Access Point.

I have the application created, but whenever I try to create the socket, a popup appears with the list of access points.

What I want is to connect only to the default WAP Access Point (or to connect to an access point with the setting I already know).

Can someone give me an example on how to connect to an Access Point or to the Default WAP Access Point?

Thanks

some hints

Hello,

you probably always have to pop up this list bc the user has to know you are going to create a connection, and he is going to pay for it.

I am interested on your solution if you have found any?

Nicolas

Regular Contributor
    Hi,

You can use CIntConnectionInitiator class to create a connection without popping up a dialog. The class enables to use different connection preferences.

The default WAP AP is stored in the Comms DB, see SDK Help:
    » Symbian OS v6.1 Edition for C++ » API Reference » CommDb » Global table

You can also use CApDataHandler:efaultL() to get the default WAP AP, but there is a problem with a missing header, etelbgsm.h, see following discussion:

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...&threadid=5859

In case you proceed with previous method, read also discussion about converting AP identifiers:

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...threadid=17945

Finally, as Nicolas said, it is not recommended to open network connection without user confirmation. For instance, such applications won't get NokiaOk label.

Hopefully this helps!

Best Regards,
    Marko / Forum Nokia