Discussion Board

Assembler errors in Carbide.c++ versus warnings in command line build

Hello,

Due to some assembler errors, I'm having trouble achieving a successful "Phone Debug (GCCE)" device build in Carbide.c++ version 2.0. The odd thing is that building the same configuration from the command line issues warnings related to the assembly issue, but the build completes. In Carbide.c++, the IDE displays the same error description as "Warnings", but the "red x" icon is displayed.

Here is what's displayed in Carbide:

Warning: ignoring redefinition of register alias 'WIDTH' arm-gas.s core/graphics line 1014 C/C++ Problem

Here is what's displayed in the command line build output:

Command line: ..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\graphics\\arm-gas.s:1014: Warning: ignoring redefinition of register alias 'WIDTH'

With the same warnings, the command line build succeeds but the Carbide build fails. The Carbide.c++ project is imported from the bld.inf generated from the command line build.

From what I've read, the "redefinition of register alias" errors can be safely ignored, although it would be great to get confirmation in this forum.

But I'd certainly appreciate any tips on how to get past this build problem in Carbide. Is there some sort of #pragma mechanism available to ignore certain warnings?

Thanks!
    - Brian

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Assembler errors in Carbide.c++ versus warnings in command line build

bld.inf is not generated by the command line tools but it is used by them so you should indeed get the same result whether you build with Carbide.c++ or not.

I suggest that you report this bug to Carbide.c++'s developers (see Help -> New bug report ...) and give them a sample project for testing.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite