Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

phone call incoming

which method is called by j2me application when a phone call is received by the mobile phone?thanks

very urgent !!

Haveyou solved this problem, I,ve finished my game and this is the big problem I receive and incoming call and I can restart my game, I must reboot the phone

Thanks

Solution

Hi,

I'd the same problem and found an alternative soultion: the Canvas class has an isShown method and you able the switch to paused state your application.

Regards,
    Laszlo Sera
    sera@insync.hu

With isShown() method you receive a call, can you restart the application later ???

Super Contributor
    I am also using isShown() since using pauseApp() or hideNotify has been giving me problems on Series 60 phones (specifically the 7650).
    With isShown() you don't really pause the application - the game thread will keep running in the background, but it has all it's code inside a big
    Code:
    if (gameCanvas.isShown())
    so when you receive a call no game processing is done (since the canvas isn't shown), even if it is really still running in the background....

Hello , yes I'm programming with 7650.
    I'm using isShown method but once I've received a call and I close the midlet I can't reopen and I must to reboot the device.
    I've tested another midlet and occurs too I don't know if this is a big bug.
    This issue occurs in yours midlets ?????
    Last edited by gpg15600; 2003-03-30 at 19:31.