Discussion Board

Nokia 5800 homescreen issues

NAM 5800 (RM-428) purchased direct from Nokia.
    Firmware is: 20.2.014 (30-01-2009)

On my homescreen with the "homescreen" set to "Basic" (NOT "Shortcuts Bar" or "Contacts Bar"), when I click on the standard keypad or contacts button at the bottom of the screen I see the color change and I feel the screen vibration, but nothing happens. Also, when I click on the date under the carrier name I get the "Open Calendar" list with all the profiles listed below. I can select and activate any profile I choose. However, I cannot select "calendar". Please note, all of these functions work in the main menu and were working fine from both the main menu and homescreen when I first received the device. I had to do a hard reset and it may be since then that this has happened.

If I change my homescreen to "Contacts Bar" for my homescreen theme, the dialler and the contacts buttons will work, but not the Open Calendar.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know a solution? Also, how can I officially report this to Nokia?

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Nokia 5800 homescreen issues

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Smile Re: Nokia 5800 homescreen issues

Did you change any settings or this problem happens alone?

Because if you changed any settings, a possible but tragic solution is to restore all settings at menu "settings" for to look if the problem persist or no, but you would lose all your settings and datas( ), but should there is any solutions less tragic. Generally in the mobile's manual or guide comes a season contenting the most common problems. Did you already look it?

You can too to contact the technical support for to know if it is normal or has a problem on your beautiful 5800 .

I hope to have helped you.

Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by valderind4 View Post
    Did you change any settings or this problem happens alone?

Because if you changed any settings, a possible but tragic solution is to restore all settings at menu "settings" for to look if the problem persist or no, but you would lose all your settings and datas( ), but should there is any solutions less tragic. Generally in the mobile's manual or guide comes a season contenting the most common problems. Did you already look it?

You can too to contact the technical support for to know if it is normal or has a problem on your beautiful 5800 .

I hope to have helped you.

Best regards.
    Thanks! But sadly my 5800 bricked when I turned it off overnight. I left it off for about 8 hours and it only came back to the white Nokia screen. So, I pulled the battery and left it out for an hour and then powered up and same thing. The only way to get it hack was to hard reset (green button - red button - camera button) as it powered up. It asked for my code and I put in the security code and not the standard. It started up and I had hope. But then it asked me what country I was in.

A great phone is sliding into good phone territory.

i am having the same problem and it only started wen i updated to the new firmware...and i have master reset the phone, got a new memory card and the re installed v20 and its the same prob so its not the apps its actually the new firmware hope nokia fixes this soon!

or has any1 been able to fix it?

Nokia Developer Moderator

You are on the wrong web site. Do try http://www.nokia.com/support or http://www.nokia.com/discussions
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

I'm having the same problem two times.
    But work correctly the home screen theme: "contacts bar".
    The "basic" & "shortcuts bar" theme don't work.

1)The first time I hard reset the phone to solve the problem (but I lost all the sms because I have not a program to backup it).
    2)Now I have the problem after set the landscapePro. I don't install, in this two week ago, new application, theme, software updates or firmware updates.

a)Anyone have a solution without hard reset?
    b)I can make the hard reset, but I need a software to backup the sms, anyone know?
    c)I wait a software update that fix the problem?

thanks

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Laib View Post
    I'm having the same problem two times.
    But work correctly the home screen theme: "contacts bar".
    The "basic" & "shortcuts bar" theme don't work.

1)The first time I hard reset the phone to solve the problem (but I lost all the sms because I have not a program to backup it).
    2)Now I have the problem after set the landscapePro. I don't install, in this two week ago, new application, theme, software updates or firmware updates.

a)Anyone have a solution without hard reset?
    b)I can make the hard reset, but I need a software to backup the sms, anyone know?
    c)I wait a software update that fix the problem?

thanks
    hello Laib

Welcome to forum nokia discussion board.

please go through the thread replies before you post a new question. ltomuta & symbianyucca have already mentioned that this is not a product based forum.

so for your qyery please visit the links given by them.