Discussion Board

Super Contributor

SIM card starus - RProperty, KUidSIMStatusValue and ESASimRejected

Hello,

I have tried to get the SIM card status using the following code:

TInt simStatusInt;
    TInt err = RProperty::Get(KUidSystemCategory, KUidSIMStatusValue, simStatusInt);

The err value vas always KErrNone, so I think the API is working fine, unfortunately if the SIM card was in the phone, the PIN was entered it never returns the ESASimOk value as specified in the SaCls.h TSASIMStatus enum, but always it returned the value 1, which is casted to ESASimNotPresent. When I removed the SIM card it returns the value ESASimRejected.

So I can use it to detect if the SIM card is/isnot in the phone, but the behavior is strange...
    Same behaviour was on emulator and phones I have tested. Is this known?
    BR
    STeN

Regards,

STeN

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: SIM card starus - RProperty, KUidSIMStatusValue and ESASimRejected

one way would be to read its IMSI number, it should fail if there is no SIM cards present..

Super Contributor

Hi yucca,

Thanks for reply, I know about the IMSI way. I was just wondering why the RProperty returns such strange results... I was also looking for a way, which can tell me if the SIM card is blocked by MNO or expired - do you have any tips? Is there some chance that partnering API will solve my issue?

BR
    STeN

I just did full search on sources, and actually did not find any place (except a plicy check for capability) where KUidSIMStatusValue would have been used, thus I would like to assume that it is not used anymore, and then I would not know any other way to find alternatives than to open a technical support case and ask an expert to do full research on the topic.

Super Contributor

Hi yucca,

thanks for your time and reply. I also think that a technical suppott case is a next step. If I will do that and get some output I will update thread or wiki.

Best regards,
    STeN

Super Contributor

Hi,

Pub sub key defined in SaCls.h is not used in S60 though it is there for historical reason.
    There is another similar PS key that is used in S60. Unfortunately that is S60 internal and thus requires API partnering.

Hi mahbub_s60,

Can you please tell me where this PS key is defined in S60, We have API partnering.

Nope you actually need to open a API partnering case, and request the API through it.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by kunal_the_one View Post
    Hi mahbub_s60,

Can you please tell me where this PS key is defined in S60, We have API partnering.

If you need access to this internal API, you have to raise an API Partnering Request. Following are the details for API Partnering.

To apply for the internal API to fulfill the required feature an API partnering request needs to be done. More information about purchasing the ticket is provided in http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/tech...ort/index.html

After purchasing an API partnering case you can submit it in similar way as you have submitted this support request. In the case details please refer to this case so our API partnering experts will know the history behind the request.

Please note that there is no guarantee in getting the API partnered, as your business reason (why you need this API and what will you do with this?) will be the major factor.

The API is partnered to one platform release and concerning a single project. Note that there is no binary or functional compatibility promise in the partnered APIs nor is there any support promise to the partnered API. If the API will be partnered to your company you will also receive an example application to demonstrate the API usage.

In order to develop with the internal API in multiple platform releases you will need to have a Limited License Agreement (LLA) done for each of the releases. If there is no need for technical investigations concerning the API you can make an API partnering request directly to renew the LLA. In case you will notice that the API does not fully function in some platform releases you can use our technical support services and we will analyze the situation and perhaps suggest some other approach.

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I found out by my self. Thanks again.

~Kunal

Super Contributor

Hi,

I can confirm what experts said here as I have paid the Nokia Technical Support. The API is obsolete and Partnering API should be used instead.

Thanks all for contributing to this thread.

BR
    STeN