Discussion Board

Exclamation RTSP video streaming

Hi everybody,

I met a problem with RTSP video streaming under S60 Symbian 3rd Party. I develop an application which consists to play media files sent by a streaming server in RTSP. The streaming server I use allows to fast-forward or fast-rewind the media. In order to do this, the client , which in my case is a Nokia N95, has to add in the RTSP play command the attribute "scale: x" (x is an integer, x=1 for normal playing). However, when I use the "CVideoPlayerUtility" object to play streaming the media, I don't find a way to ask the streaming server to fast-forward or fast-rewind the media. Can someone tell me where to find information about this or a solution if he has already done it? If there is not a high-level method to fast-forward or fast-rewind a media in RTSP, is it possible to directly modify a RTSP request sent by Symbian OS to add the attribute "scale: x"?

Thanks in advance,

Larbi

Re: RTSP video streaming

The CVideoPlayerUtility interface doesn't have such a command at the moment. It's possible that it could be done via a custom command to the RealPlayer/Helix engine if such a command exists. The only way to find out if this is possible right now is via a technical support request to Forum Nokia, and then possibly API partnering - there isn't a public interface that I'm aware of.

Mark

Re: RTSP video streaming

Hi all,
    I want to stream RTSP video data. I got this example of CVideoPlayerUtility class in symbian which provide to play video files eg :

iPlayer->OpenFileL( "c:\\video.3gp");

But i want to fetch a RTSP url. I tried to use OpenUrlL() option in CVideoPlayerUtility class but didnt work.
    Can anyone telll me how to stream RTSP data in symbian!

Thanks

Neha Koul