Discussion Board

Question How to refuse incoming call and tell him i am power off ?

I have see MCleaner has done this.

I was confused how he did it. In the Ctelephony API, i have never seen any API can fool the incoming call and tell him my phone has powered off.

Can anyone give me a clue?

Thank you.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to refuse incoming call and tell him i am power off ?

I'm not sure if you can fool the other party to think that you would be off, anyway, have a look into API plug-in, and find the API that has chup function, it works ok for hanging up calls without answering.

also AT command CHUP does the same rather nicely.

There is no rejection call cause that means that the phone is off. This is a network issue. If the handset does not respond to paging, then it is either of or out of coverge. And I do not think that there is an API to control whether the handset responds to paging.

Only way I can think of is to redirect call to a mobile handset that is OFF.
    But I assume that redirecting affects the voicemail where the calling party ends up leaving a message.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Every journey starts with a small step.

Quote Originally Posted by juannoguera View Post
    There is no rejection call cause that means that the phone is off. This is a network issue. If the handset does not respond to paging, then it is either of or out of coverge. And I do not think that there is an API to control whether the handset responds to paging.

Only way I can think of is to redirect call to a mobile handset that is OFF.
    But I assume that redirecting affects the voicemail where the calling party ends up leaving a message.
    hello, i really don't think that can be done by forwarding to an phone which is powered off.

Let's assume you don't want A's call,but you don't know when he will call, so only when him calls you , you can't forward to another number at that time.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by demowolf View Post
    fool the incoming call and tell him my phone has powered off
    What i tried till now from that i can say it can't be done. as to get the phone number you need some time before you do "something" with the call.

There are conditional call forwarding based on A-party number filtering in some operators.
    If this solution is used, the A-party may still hear some alerting tones, if the redirected handset has been turned off recently (depends on network configuration).
    ----------------------------------------------
    Every journey starts with a small step.