Discussion Board

Thread: Max wml size

Max wml size

Where can I find a list of maximum wml document sizes for every cell phone... I found some saying that 3410 can receive 30kb, but when I try receiving 8kb I get "file too big".

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: Max wml size

Hello!

You can find the maximum WML deck sizes of the Nokia phones from the Forum Nokia web page: http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/1,35452,1_1_15,00.html, document Nokia WAP Phone Characteristics v2.0.

In some cases the problem may be the WAP gateway limiting the maximum size of the decks. Please contact your gateway provider for this information.

Kind regards,

sami / Forum Nokia Developer Support

No deck size limit from Nokia Wap Gateway?

Hi there,

The Nokia WAP Phone Characteristics (V1.5 found, no V2) does give a clear indication about the max deck size.

It seems to me that the latest phone, especially high end ones with larger screen, also have larger max deck sizes (deck size range: 1.3k to 100k).

From Nokia's WAP gateway simulator, I found no settings for deck size. Can I assume the Wap gateway from Nokia does not limit the file size it compiles and sends to the WAP phone?

What is the typical deck size limit and range of the limit from those Gateways which have the deck size limit?

Many thanks in advance,

QMei

Super Contributor
    Hello!

Typical deck size limit depends about gateway providers. So, you should contact your own gateway provider for this information.

-tum-